Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just got back from a little road trip. I was nearing the end, almost home, and the little yellow empty fuel tank light came on. I was in the middle of nowhere, and had no choice but to keep going.

I travelled 54km after the light first came on, and put 50.075L of gas into my car when I got to the gas station (our car is supposed to have a max tank capacity of 55L)

Just thought some people might want to know....*shrugs*

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
78 Posts
our mazda3 tanks are 55L so u r loonging at an other 40 KMs when the light comes on

·
Registered
744 Posts
vaBooM said:
14.5 gal for NAs.
My low fuel light had been on for about 35 city miles when I filled up my take with 13 gallons of gas.

·
Registered
882 Posts
"14.5 gal for NAs."

Just to remind you that Canada is in North America as well and we don't use Gallons. ;)

Based on my couple trips down to the low fuel light and doing full fill ups after that I'd say that 40-50kms is pretty safe as long as you aren't going crazy with the gas pedal.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I used to get 60 miles + on my '03 MX-6 after the fuel light came on. There is pleanty of reserve built in!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I think the reserve is good for 75miles or so.

Ive traveled a little over 40 when the light first came on.

·
Registered
744 Posts
neoriffic said:
I used to get 60 miles + on my '03 MX-6 after the fuel light came on. There is pleanty of reserve built in!
60 miles, about two gallons, sounds right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts