Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rolled 29k on the odometer. For the past few tanks of gas, I've noticed a significant drop off in gas mileage. I average about 26.5 mpg, (combined highway/city driving), which would typically yield a 350 mile per tank result. As of late, I've been only getting about 300 miles per tank. I havent done any highway driving lately, but I can imagine that would cause the mileage to go down so much.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've learned that the 3 is extremely sensitive to city driving. My commute consists of 80% interstate and 20% city. I am able to average 30-32 mpg depending on the season. If I deviate at all from my work commute, like if I drive through the city for whatever reason, it will ruin my average for that tank. Especially the 2.3 automatics, like my hatch. They do terrible in the city.

·
Registered
390 Posts
winter gas sucks...and just the coldness affects the way the car runs.thats wat i gathered from a real quick google lol

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Winter tires have more rolling resistance too. I installed mine October 27 and drove for a week or so with mine before the snow flew and they were good for about a 3-4 mpg hit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts