Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
little background about this jersey 1st.

I received this jersey about 8 years ago or so. My cousin was friends with a russian kid whos father owned a hockey team in Russia. The kid got the jersey from his father, the kid gave it to my cuz and my cuz to me.
From what I understand, this is an authentic jersey. Mind you, they aren't the same as NHL jerseys you might buy at the store today. I used to wear this jersey around and only ONCE have I played hockey in it. Overall I really haven't used it much. It's in GREAT shape and the white still pops. I haven't worn it in years. I just need room in my closet and a little bit of money. So my loss is your gain.

This is a Viacheslav Fetisov captain jersey. I tried to find a picture of him wearing this style jersey so I can tell you what team it was for but I couldn't find it and I don;t know Russian to read it off the jersey (so if you can help me out, please do) This is obviously a specialized jersey like a all-star team or Russian world competition jersey or something.

From Wiki
Viacheslav (Slava) Alexandrovich Fetisov (Russian: Вячеслав (Слава) Александрович Фетисов, Vjačeslav (Slava) Aleksandrovič Fetisov; born April 20, 1958, in Moscow, Soviet Union now Russia) is the current Minister of Sport in Russia, chair of the WADA Athletes Committee,[1] and a former ice hockey defenseman, considered one of the best defensemen of all time, a long-time captain for the Soviet Union national team. With Igor Larionov, he was instrumental in breaking the barrier that stopped Soviet players from joining the NHL. Fetisov was elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2001.

On the international stage, Fetisov is one of the most decorated players ever, winning two golds (1984, 1988) and one silver (1980) in the Olympics, and seven golds (1978, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1990), one silver (1987), and two bronzes (1985, 1991) in the World Championships. He won the Golden Hockey Stick as top European international player in 1984, 1986, and 1990. At the 2002 Olympics, he was head coach of the Russian national team, winning the bronze.

On the club level, Fetisov played for CSKA Moscow (1975-89), New Jersey Devils (1989-95) and Detroit Red Wings (1995-98). He won two Stanley Cups with Detroit (1997, 1998). After retiring as a player, Fetisov became an assistant coach with New Jersey (1999-2002), winning the Stanley Cup in 2000. In his heyday, many referred to Fetisov as the Russian Bobby Orr.

Fetisov was awarded Order of the Red Banner of Labour (1984)[2]

On March 29, 2005, Fetisov joined the World Anti-Doping Agency's Athlete Committee as its inaugural chairman.[3]
Asking 50$ shipped...serious offers will be thought about but I would like to stay as firm as I can.

Its hard to see but there is like very small tears through one of the layers. It's not a hole.

tried to get a better look at it...my camera really sucks

a little mark...kinda like a scuff mark on a floor...couldn't get it out when I washed it.

again

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for translating.

I looked that up and couldn't find it....maybe its just a special jersey that was made to commemorate all the great hockey players in Russia and the design never actually saw playing time.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
:sold:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.