Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing installs for locals but prices will obviously be different.

-You will get 1yd by 15" which will be enough to do the back taillights and be able to mess up on one.

-Also get tint for all 4 of the reflectors

-1yd x 15"= $20.00 shipped for dark smoke (light smoke is not available)
This is still a good deal so don't complain! :p

- These will be cut in little blocks to make it easier on to which light you should put the tint on. They will be hand cut so some will differentiate.

-This film can be removed any time with no hassle leaving your original lights still looking new.

Picture of forum members cars with the same tint as mine.

I install this film pretty much like this but i add soap in my water so it gives me more time to move it around and play with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNwRBS0UcAg#

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: FS: Oracal Tail Light tint Light smoke and dark smoke!

Fantastic way of doing tail tints. I tinted my tails & all the other junk back there with this stuff and it has held strong for 6 months now. Looks better than nightshades too imo.

·
Registered
206 Posts

im in if you start selling it. is it the dark or light smoke you selling and im confused on what you said about putting it on the inside dont you just put it on the outside of tails??

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Its laid from the outside and is removable and has a gloss to it as if it was clear coated. I meant the chrome rings had that bling bling to it before but now the chrome inside of the tail light is much more subtle. Look like black chrome in a way.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'll take a pic tomorrow during the day and post it but its light.
BTW when you asked about putting them on the inside i think you meant when i said "the inner is tinted while the outer is not" i meant that the reverse light is tinted while the outer (turn signal and brake lights) not tinted. :oops:

·
Registered
206 Posts

AHHH now i understand haha im a goob sweet..... exited to see the tint. are you selling dark smoke .ike it says in the title or only light?? im interested in dark if so

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

yea i have dark also this is a picture with light smoke.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

looks a bit too light for me...or maybe i'm used to seeing my car so much :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts

I'm likely in but would you be able to give us an idea of what the dark tint looks like. (And a closeup daylight pic of the light smoked tint would be nice too.)

·
Registered
6,480 Posts

there is also a tint film that is being sold in autozone/pepboys.. tint film that doesnt require water/soap solution.. it has a sticky side on the inside.. so heatgun is the only thing you need.. i helped my friend do his headights with 20% tint.. on a white speed.. with white eyelids.. looks SICK !!!!! im planning on doing my tails over the weekend.. if the weather allows to do so

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

[quote author=3TheHardWay link=topic=138609.msg2988086#msg2988086 date=1236800523]
I'm likely in but would you be able to give us an idea of what the dark tint looks like. (And a closeup daylight pic of the light smoked tint would be nice too.)
[/quote]
Yes i will be doing my headlights in dark tint so i will take a picture of that and i'll take a up close picture of the light smoke by today.

I don't know if the tint film at autozone is designed for this and how long it will last but this stuff has a 5 year warranty i think. This is harder to put on though i can say that. Specially if you are not patient. But its only $10.00 so its not like you are loosing your arm. Plus you can take it to a tint shop to install for you for like $20.00.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts

my friend has the film from autozone on his tails for over a year and a half.. and in our chicago weather.. its holding up good

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

seems like i'll be taking a visit to autozone. I couldnt find this tint anywhere. The guy at pepboys kept on saying nightshades was the shit and he couldn't get his head out of his ass about it. I told him its more work and more effort to take it off...guy was a jack ass.

slight bubbles at the top of the lights since the water dried out fast. I mixed the water with soap so i had more time to mess with it with the blow drier.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts

looks good !!!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts

This may be exactly what i'm looking for. I'll decide which one I want when I see the dark one.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

These pics are from a forum member here who used the same dark smoke tint that i have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mattimus/Mazda/Picture019-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mattimus/Mazda/Picture038-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mattimus/Mazda/Picture041.jpg

This is the install i did just now. The pictures make it look darker than it really is.

Since the 07+ have a black housing the light smoke i put on my tail lights didn't make a big difference but i am pretty sure on the 04-06 tail lights you'll notice it.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Yeah, I like the light tint. with a black car, I dont need a lot of tint anyway. This looks like a good deal

1 - 20 of 71 Posts