Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I found a Cobb SRI for very cheap so I'm selling my MSCAI. If you want a CARB # and want to keep your warranty, get this intake. It's in good condition, roughly 18k miles on it. There's a bit of a bend in the lip of two of the pipes (pics will show it) but the Air straightener still slides right in. If I recall, they came from mazda that way. It doesn't affect the performance of the unit. Other than that, it's a bit dirty, needs to be cleaned. There aren't any other blemishes other than what was done during install/un-install. Also, I'm missing a a couple of bolts and a nut or two but the important install hardware is there. I'll see if I can find some extras laying around. This will include the two bottles of cleaning solution. I'll see if I can find the two Mazdaspeed Decals in lieu of the missing bolts lol.

Asking $200 shipped OBO please email me at pscott77 at hotmail.com. I don't check the forums here very often anymore.

pics:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys, if my price seems a bit high, I'll consider offers. Just please, leave the lowballing for another thread lol.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I may be interested if i can get my wife to agree. I want a MSCAI to keep the car in warranty if anything ever goes wrong.
1. how easy is it to install
2. is it warrantied even if the dealership does not install it?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=g-love link=topic=138949.msg2997255#msg2997255 date=1237221100]
I may be interested if i can get my wife to agree. I want a MSCAI to keep the car in warranty if anything ever goes wrong.
1. how easy is it to install
2. is it warrantied even if the dealership does not install it?
[/quote]

g-love and special sauce! best group ever!

yes, this intake will retain your warranty. Install is pretty easy and straight forward (4 out of 10 in terms of difficulty). I will include the instructions plus you can find several threads on this site by searching the forums. As for the dealership install question - That I can't be sure of. I bought this at my dealership but I installed it myself. I've taken the car back many times and they've never said a word.

I believe the letter of the law says it must be installed by your Mazdaspeed authorized dealer but my dealer has never held me to that.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
[quote author=94jedi link=topic=138949.msg2997449#msg2997449 date=1237225251]
I believe the letter of the law says it must be installed by your Mazdaspeed authorized dealer but my dealer has never held me to that.[/quote]

This only applies to blue parts. Dealerships see the MS CAI as a stock part. If it needs to be swapped to stock for some kind of testing, drop off the stock air box and let them go at it. You're not required to switch back.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
updated pic added (1st one) to reflect proper forum rules.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MSCAI is sold. please delete. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.