Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
You really need to post a lot more pics. All the exterior, interior, wheels, and close-ups where appropriate, etc. No one is going to buy your car based on that one pic. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a bone stock car. We are expecting a child this summer and I need something else. I do not want to get rid of this car however I need something bigger to hold all the s$&t that will come along with a child!

·
Registered
82 Posts
My wife and I are expecting our first, (and only) :) child in September. I have been trying to sell my 3 hatch as well. I have realized that these cars actually will work pretty good as a family car. Many people on the forum have multiple kids and use their 3 as the big car. Get a roof rack to expand storage as needed and keep enjoying that car!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
[quote author=colnagordr link=topic=136309.msg2938243#msg2938243 date=1234714804]
My wife and I are expecting our first, (and only) :) child in September. I have been trying to sell my 3 hatch as well. I have realized that these cars actually will work pretty good as a family car. Many people on the forum have multiple kids and use their 3 as the big car. Get a roof rack to expand storage as needed and keep enjoying that car!
[/quote]

^ +1

i don't have a kid. don't plan on it for a looooong time but i would do that if i were you.

·
Registered
760 Posts
too bad u have to get rid of it, and for that price this is a steal, if u would have put this up for sale in october last year i would have takin it from u in a heart beat. good luck with sale

·
Registered
206 Posts
[quote author=BGregory link=topic=136309.msg2938071#msg2938071 date=1234705959]
This is a bone stock car. We are expecting a child this summer and I need something else. I do not want to get rid of this car however I need something bigger to hold all the s$&t that will come along with a child!
[/quote]

geez dude...how much room do you need for 1 kid????

nice car...you should keep it if room is your only concern...unless you need a Ford Expedition or something....you have a 4 door car....and its a wagon....?????

good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have two cars as it is and my wife has the third. I need to have just one car and the speed will not hold much. After spending the day with my god daughter I realize all the other stuff that goes along with a child, other than just the child and a seat. It blew me away how much stuff I am going to be carrying around!

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=bagwell link=topic=136309.msg2940271#msg2940271 date=1234804485]
[quote author=BGregory link=topic=136309.msg2938071#msg2938071 date=1234705959]
[/quote]

geez dude...how much room do you need for 1 kid????
[/quote]

When I was a kid my parents had two (count 'em, TWO) Geo Metros in a row. And the first was the 2-door 3-cylinder model :lol: And it wasn't just me, there was also a golden retriever during the second Metro's time :lol:

Now, I can understand not wanting to drive something with quite so much raw power when you have a kid, but size matters not ;)

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
I'd say it's tempting except I have absolutely no intention of buying another car anytime in the foreseeable future. The sad part is the cosmic blue is one of the only colors I'd trade the lava orange for. :(

Just so you know having a child with the 3 5-door is quite doable. I have a 10 month old and we can pretty easily cram in stuff for a week trip for me the wife and the baby all into the car. Sure we use some of the back seat/floor space as well, but it's certainly doable. For most of the first year all you need to carry around with you on a normal jaunt is the seat, diaper bag and stroller (unless you're carrying). For longer trips just pop the cargo cover off the back section and you have a bunch more vertical space.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Man I have 2 kids one is 6 the other is 2. both kids the dog and a days worth of crap for the beach all fit in my hatch. I must say Keep the Hatch :lol:

better yet get a roof rack so you can stow the bikes and other crap on the roof.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Since we're already off topic...

Both my woman and I are U.S. immigrants, and we often laugh at how much space Americans think they "need." Her mom used to drive her and her three brothers (all born within a four-year span) as toddlers in a Polski Fiat 125p:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.