Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently stripped my 2005 Mazda 3 S and traded it for my new 2007 MazdaSpeed 3 GT. So I am going to give you guys a chance to buy what you want before I place it on ebay. I have a few items ranging from a Cold air intake to a car cover and some rims and tires.

I got this cai at the beginning of september and it was taken off in the middle of december (3.5 months and less than 3,000 miles). Everything in the picture is included, all oringal contents and instructions.
PRICE: SOLD

This is my "Genuine Mazda" car cover with a cable and lock to secure it to the vehicle. It is only one year old and was only used a handfull of times mostly during the rain when I did not have it in a covered spot. It is for a sedan only.
PRICE: $90 SHIPPED!!!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2468000-2468999/2468917_86_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2468000-2468999/2468917_87_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2468000-2468999/2468917_88_full.jpg
UPDATED: I just cleaned my rims tonight and was pissed to find a couple of tiny scratches on two rims. I made a liar out of myself damn it. there is one small chip on one and a small curb scratch on the lip and a itsy bitsy scratch on it too. sorry to mislead/lie
These are my (4) Akita AK-2 17X7" rims with an offset of 45 i do believe (fit my 05 perfect). These rims have 3 tiny scratches, and are in perfect shape. pictures may show dirt but I have not had the time to clean them up yet. The rims also include new valve stems and cores (Work at a wal-mart part-time, free stuff is great).
PRICE: $400 (PM for shipping)

These are my (4) Yokohama Advan S4 All-terrian tires. The measurements are 215/45/R17 87W with a Treadwear of 400 Traction AA Temperature A. All four have 90% tread life and greater left on them. Only 3 months old and very few miles on them before I switched to my winter tires two months later. These are GREAT tires. Excellent handleing, cornering, braking and suprizingly adequate in a little winter weather. (ice/slush)
PRICE: $500 SHIPPED!!!

I also have a subwoofer set up that I might sell I do not know what I am going to do sold together or separate, but if interested pm me:
Sony P5 12" 1300 watt sub
Kenwood KAC-7202 amp with bridgeable 920 watt max power. RMS bridge 460 @ 4 ohms, MOS-FET, variable high and low pass, bass boost
Q-Logic Bandpass (ported) 12" single sub box with plexiglass facing (small scratches).
Black carpeted box matches interior perfectly.

PRICE: pm me

I also have (4) miata mx-5 rims in mint condition with an offset of 55 (won't fit speed 3) 16X6.5" perfect for winter rims I wish they fit the speed.

PRICE: 400 SHIPPED!!!

If there is any questions or if anyone wants different/more pictures just let me know and I will tend to it ASAP. Thanks
TV

P.S. I do accept Paypal.. sorry about that and i can ship to canada but you will have to pay for whatever it takes to get it there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
very interested in the intake will buy for $110 money order. (im not mailin cash!)
unless you know abetter way to deal online without either of us getting ripped off.

i am located in kansas, where are you?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=jcslow link=topic=66987.msg1151375#msg1151375 date=1168912634]
very interested in the intake will buy for $110 money order. (im not mailin cash!)
unless you know abetter way to deal online without either of us getting ripped off.

i am located in kansas, where are you?

[/quote]
NO SHITT!!! bout time someone around here shows up!!!! im in manhattan i've seen a few red sedans around. I now drive a cosmic blue Speed 3. The first in this area to have one and the first in southern kansas to have a cosmic blue.. anyaway I live by the football stadium. If you want to pick it up for 110 that would be cool (check, cash whatever). but I think there is someone else that wants it too. I just pmed them a minute ago but unless they want to go up a little on the price to match you then i guess ill go with whoever wants it the most.
Shipping to canada, I can but i don't know how much more it will cost or if there is certain approvals needed for shipping outside of the u.s. So if you would cover the cost I don't see why not.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the amp i guess....150 + ? shipping. the amp is exactly one year old and is one of the best amps for the price im told. or you could get the whole set up for $300 + shipping
The intake i think it is 2.75" whatever size they made when they revised it. Its the same thing if you went and bought a new one for bout 200.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am interested in the MX-5 wheels. Do you still have them? Do you know for sure that they a direct fit on a 3S - same bolt pattern, same hub diameter, similar offset? Are these new, or have they had tires mounted? Any scratches or rash?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=jaero link=topic=66987.msg1167740#msg1167740 date=1169690828]
I am interested in the MX-5 wheels. Do you still have them? Do you know for sure that they a direct fit on a 3S - same bolt pattern, same hub diameter, similar offset? Are these new, or have they had tires mounted? Any scratches or rash?

Thanks,
Jim
[/quote]
Well, i do not know for a fact but im pretty sure since i had my speed before i sold my 3 s. and the 3 S's front brake calipers don't stick out as far as the speeds big ass calipers. The reason why they don't fit the speeds is because mazda gave the speed a bigger brake cylinder thus it having a bigger caliper.. in fact i believe that you can check the fitment in the tire/wheel section and ask some other people in there if they believe that an offset of 55 will work. im sure it does since there is a retraction from the outside of the rim by 3mm which is quite small. http://marksink.com/tire_wheel_offset/offset.html plus when i put it on my speed there was barely and scrapping, i could have made it work, but i didn't want to grind on anything. im certain they will fit, but if your like me you should ask around. as for fitment of everything else, it is the same as the stock 16" on the 3, the only difference is that these mx-5 wheels have a 55mm offset which the guy did not mention and i assumed since almost all stock rims from mazda are 52.5mm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah, from what I've learned on the wheel and tire forum, they should fit if the wheel ID isn't tapered. The 16" wheels that have given people problems have a conical ID that won't clear the calipers. The 2.5 mm difference in offset is too small for me to notice. They have 5 x 114 lug pattern so that will fit. The only other question is whether the hub ID is the same or would I need centering rings? Are you saying that the hub ID is the same as the stock 16s on a 3s? I spy some wheel weights in the pictures. Did you have tires on these yourself or did you buy them from someone else? How much use have they seen? You say they are mint, so I assume there are no scratches or nicks to speak of?

Sorry to be asking all this in the body of your thread; I don't have PM access yet; I am too new on this forum.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=jaero link=topic=66987.msg1168143#msg1168143 date=1169728341]
Yeah, from what I've learned on the wheel and tire forum, they should fit if the wheel ID isn't tapered. The 16" wheels that have given people problems have a conical ID that won't clear the calipers. The 2.5 mm difference in offset is too small for me to notice. They have 5 x 114 lug pattern so that will fit. The only other question is whether the hub ID is the same or would I need centering rings? Are you saying that the hub ID is the same as the stock 16s on a 3s? I spy some wheel weights in the pictures. Did you have tires on these yourself or did you buy them from someone else? How much use have they seen? You say they are mint, so I assume there are no scratches or nicks to speak of?

Sorry to be asking all this in the body of your thread; I don't have PM access yet; I am too new on this forum.

Thanks.
[/quote]
no don't be sorry i would be asking the same questions. as far as the centering ring i have no idea by what you mean. im not that literate on wheel specs. as for the use. i originally bought them from someone else, and he stated and swore on ebay that they were brand new (look very new anyway) and he just wanted some different rims so he sold them to me. i only fit one rim (did not mount any tires) to find that they don't fit the speed 3 but i am very certain that they will fit a reg 3. he also stated that there are absolutly no scratches and that the rims are in "mint condition" when i fit the wheel on everything was perfect except for my caliper sticking out bout 1mm too much for these. i see no issue with putting these on a regular 3. sorry if i couldn't answer some of your other questions maybe if you explain what you mean by some of them (ie. hub ID) maybe i can help you out. sorry
tv

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the reply TV. What I mean by hub ID is the bore in the center of the hub of the wheel. I guess hub bore is more correct terminology. In the info post on the wheel and tire forum, the hub bore is specified as 67mm. Here is the thread...

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=25387.0

Wheels may have 5 x 114 lug pattern but have a larger hub bore; let's say it is 75mm. In that case a centering ring that has a 67mm ID and a 75mm OD is used between the wheel and the hub of the car. If you buy a set of aftermarket wheels from tirerack for instance, the centering rings if needed are usually included. So, in the case of your MX-5 wheels I am asking if the center bore is 67mm (about 2 5/8 inches). You could probably measure fairly accurately it if you look at the back of the rim and measure the diameter of the bore of the mounting face. I have been trying to find the info on MX-5 web sites but haven't dug it up yet. I haven't seen the hub bore on the Speed 3 posted anywhere, but I am guessing it is the same as a 3S since people are swapping wheels between the two cars. Are the rear brakes on the S3 smaller that the front? Perhaps you can mount a rim on a rear hub to check the fitment.

If you do that and can shoot me a pic or two at [email protected] I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts