Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched out my springs for coilovers. So, up for sale are my H&R Sport Springs.

The drop is 1.3 F and 1.2 R. They were on my car for around 10k miles. Asking $160 shipped in the US.

H&R has been in business for nearly 40 years and is recognized for their quality and performance. The progressive spring rate design provides superb ride quality and comfort.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: FS: H&R Sport Springs for MZ3

its funny how i looked all over the place, with no spring stiffness rates to be found. Regardless, did you ride on these? how did they feel? why you selling them>?

·
Registered
10,760 Posts

[quote author=danielj link=topic=139346.msg3002876#msg3002876 date=1237418778]
I recently switched out my springs for coilovers. So, up for sale are my H&R Sport Springs.
[/quote]

Hence, he did ride on them, and he swapped them out for coilovers

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The springs were great. Ride comfort was terrific and the drop looked great on my 3. I can post pictures of the drop if you like.

·
Registered
980 Posts

H&R Sport spring is my favourite. Lowered, improved handling, made in Germany while retaining comfort and going thru speed bump without scraping :)

Best of both worlds :)

Good luck with your sale!!

dL

·
Registered
409 Posts

BEFORE DROP!!

AFTER DROP H&R SPRINGS

Another Comparison Shot
BEFORE

AFTER

Hope this helps people who decide on these springs!
i just got these installed and love em!
even with a front lip, scratch very rarely!

·
Registered
73 Posts

^I think they scratch easily because of your body kit. 1.2 - 1.3" is a mild drop, but still looks great!

·
Registered
73 Posts

[quote author=Zabusa link=topic=139346.msg3003526#msg3003526 date=1237436660]
its funny how i looked all over the place, with no spring stiffness rates to be found. Regardless, did you ride on these? how did they feel? why you selling them>?
[/quote]most of the time you can't find spring rates on progressive springs like these because the springrates are very mild and not really worth mentioning. from past experience on my previous car, h&r sport are a very comfortable ride while adding some sportiness to the drive.

·
Registered
869 Posts

Bump for good buy and a great seller.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

[quote author=thajones link=topic=139346.msg3004467#msg3004467 date=1237481905]
These'll fit on an MS3?

I had H&R's on my old Altima, the best ride for the drop for the money I've EVER had

*crosses fingers no one will want them til I get paid*
[/quote]

I don't know if these are the same springs MS3 drivers use. I know the suspension componets are swapable but checked and cannot confirm.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts

[quote author=guardian452 link=topic=139346.msg3003741#msg3003741 date=1237451631]most of the time you can't find spring rates on progressive springs like these because the springrates are very mild and not really worth mentioning. from past experience on my previous car, h&r sport are a very comfortable ride while adding some sportiness to the drive.
[/quote]

You can't find a spring rate on them BECAUSE its a progressive spring. Progressive MEANS that the rate changes as they are compressed. You can quote a range of rates for a progressive spring, but not a single spring rate, b/c they don't have one. Progresssive springs CAN still be quite stiff (I know nothing about these particular springs, jsut felt like I should correct the misinformation about what a progressive spring rate means.

·
Registered
30 Posts

[quote author=gnarfo14 link=topic=139346.msg3004761#msg3004761 date=1237488793]
interested but what do you have to do to get something to come up on a search for h&r?
[/quote]

If you talking about search function in this forums (m3f) then you can try "handr", and if you r talking about google then just H&R?

BTW.. bump for a set of great spring!! and awesome seller!!

·
Registered
409 Posts

if it helps, they are interchangeable between hatch and sedan...not sure about MS3

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.