Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*****************SOLD*****************

Selling a used front Lower Arm bar from Ultra Racing. They claimed it was for a Gen2 Mazda3 but I feel like it might be for a Gen1 because of the extremely tight fitment. Had no problems when I had this installed in conjunction with my 80duro JBR PMM/RMM and Corksport strut tower bar, and it really made a difference in handling. Once I went back to stock motor mounts, the rear engine mount was resting on this bar and created some chatter due to more flexing of the motor that I never noticed because the motor mounts kept the engine so firmly in place when they were on. Pictures are attached to show where the mount of the engine rested on the bar. Was installed on a 2011 2.5L Mazda3 for 20k miles for reference.

Part Number: UR-LA2-994

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-3-BK-05-BL-09-ULTRA-RACING-2PT-FRONT-LOWER-BAR-MEMBER-BRACE-UR-LA2-994/174040350408?epid=1228953883&hash=item28859cfec8:g:klwAAOSw8d5ZTHwV

Selling for $50 shipped (including paypal fees) to the lower 48 states. Located in Littleton, CO. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Selling a used front Lower Arm bar from Ultra Racing. They claimed it was for a Gen2 Mazda3 but I feel like it might be for a Gen1 because of the extremely tight fitment. Had no problems when I had this installed in conjunction with my 80duro JBR PMM/RMM and Corksport strut tower bar, and it really made a difference in handling. Once I went back to stock motor mounts, the rear engine mount was resting on this bar and created some chatter due to more flexing of the motor that I never noticed because the motor mounts kept the engine so firmly in place when they were on. Pictures are attached to show where the mount of the engine rested on the bar. Was installed on a 2011 2.5L Mazda3 for 20k miles for reference.

Selling for $50 shipped (including paypal fees) to the lower 48 states. Located in Littleton, CO. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to help.

definitely interested! how simple is the install?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
definitely interested! how simple is the install?
As simple as jacking the car up, putting it on 2 stands, using a 17mm socket/wrench to remove 2 bolts, installing the bar and putting it back in reverse. In conjunction with the strut tower bar and coilovers or stiffer shocks/springs, the car's handling was more responsive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
As simple as jacking the car up, putting it on 2 stands, using a 17mm socket/wrench to remove 2 bolts, installing the bar and putting it back in reverse. In conjunction with the strut tower bar and coilovers or stiffer shocks/springs, the car's handling was more responsive.

I just have an eibach pro/Koni orange shocks setup still havent gotten a strut brace as I heard there wasn't really a benefit with these cars but that the bottom one had benefits.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just have an eibach pro/Koni orange shocks setup still havent gotten a strut brace as I heard there wasn't really a benefit with these cars but that the bottom one had benefits.

i was on stock shocks with tein springs, corksport stb, ultra racing lower arm bar, corksport mid brace, racing beat rear sway bar, moog endlinks, and it felt great! the handling was definitely more firm and the combination of all components together with the stb made the car more fun. having the jbr motor mounts also kept the car more planted because the engine didnt move in the bay; ultimately causing less harsh energy transfers during turns. if you plan on getting into the twistys with your car, why not upgrade all suspension components and add bracing? just my opinion :)

lmk if you are still interested.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i was on stock shocks with tein springs, corksport stb, ultra racing lower arm bar, corksport mid brace, racing beat rear sway bar, moog endlinks, and it felt great! the handling was definitely more firm and the combination of all components together with the stb made the car more fun. having the jbr motor mounts also kept the car more planted because the engine didnt move in the bay; ultimately causing less harsh energy transfers during turns. if you plan on getting into the twistys with your car, why not upgrade all suspension components and add bracing? just my opinion :)

lmk if you are still interested.

its just a daily driver, when on the highway I wondered about the motor mounts but read that it transferred a lot of that movement into the cabin more so wasnt sure I was going to swap them out with something firmer, I still want the smooth ride. Im sure due to pricing I would probably buy more bracing, but I dont want to get to the point of where the rear braces are placed in a way that the rear hatch cant be fully utilized as well.... so I wouldnt mind the improvements, but due to not really doing anything too crazy with it, it's nice to have...lol

I am interested in the brace, was wondering what this along with the upper STB would make a noticeable difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts