Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I had this for my old car but never did use it since i'm too lazy to DL and upload music onto my ipod.
Sold the car now so this is up for sale.

Compatible for 04'-06'.

***SOLD***

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Re: FS: AXXESS iPod Interface w/text

That looks like a good price for it since you're including shipping, esp. for something that's unused. :) And of course I don't have an ipod so it's no good to me. :(

Here's the description of the Axxess from my audio input thread for those curious about it.

AXXESS ipod interface- Full Integration with steering wheel controls, and displays ID3 tag info. on the HU's LCD. Comes in two styles: ipod/auxiliary input, and ipod/XM satellite radio. The ipod/auxiliary version provides a dock connector for the ipod as well as RCA cables for inputing audio from a non-ipod device. The ipod/XM version replaces the auxiliary RCA connector with wiring harness to connect to a the Terk XMD1000 satellite tuner. **However, this tuner is not included and has been discontinued by the manufacturer. It is rumored that the Axxess will be updated to be compatible with a different tuner at some time in the future.** The module connects to the stereo through the MD/TAPE slot on the bottom of the HU, charges the ipod, and provides a display of Track/Artist/Playlists on the HU's LCD. The ipod's controls are disabled while connected however the device supports up to 99 playlists on your ipod. Input selection is toggled by pushing the AM/FM button, and then the MD/TAPE (or MEDIA) button. The module is compatible with all Mz3´s which do not have a Clarion HU. Repeat this unit does not currently work with Mazda 3´s with the Clarion HU. Unit is compatible with Navigation, Bose stereo, OEM sirius, other ipod adapters not utilizing the TAPE/MD adapter, and the OEM phatbox. Unit is not compatible with the TAPE/MD modules.
Discussion, Installation Walkthrough

·
Registered
15,653 Posts

[quote author=nerv81 link=topic=114485.msg2437245#msg2437245 date=1215087442]
Would this work with an 08 speed Bose system?
[/quote]

Two possible conflicts. One the '08 model probably has a Clarion HU (check the sticker on the top to confirm). Two At some point they stopped installing the TAPE/MD jack on the bottom of the stereo... can't remember if it was '08 or '08.5.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Does it work on 07?

·
Registered
15,653 Posts

[quote author=jake123 link=topic=114485.msg2439047#msg2439047 date=1215134569]
Does it work on 07?
[/quote]

Most '07 models have Clarion HU's and the Axxess is incompatible with the Clarion HU. Pull out the HU and look at the white sticker on the top.... it'll tell you who the manufacturer is.

[quote author=nerv81 link=topic=114485.msg2439356#msg2439356 date=1215145981]
It's a bose head unit, but the jack isn't there. There's a slot that looks like a computer chip plugs into it. I know i've seen an add on for an aux input. I don't think that's the slot though.
[/quote]

The TAPE/MD slot looks like this.

That black "slot for a computer chip" is the port. I've seen pictures from some 3's ('08.5 I believe) which have the rectangular hole in the metal, but lack the black port connected to the board. There are two ports in use by auxiliary inputs. One is the TAPE/MD slot (pictured above) and the other is the sirius/CD changer port on the back next to the antenna plug. The Aux Mod and Axxess are the only ones which use the TAPE/MD slot.

btw while you have the bose system you don't have a bose head unit.... only the amp/speakers/sub are bose. The HU was still manufactured by someone, most likely Clarion. Check out the sticker to confirm your manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thanks for the info guys.

I have had ALOT of PMs asking for paypal account to pay and then no one ever does lol.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
:sold:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.