Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
155-A014 ECV, Flange Type: 67mm (2.63in) and now can easily accept regular 2.5" flanges and gaskets. $140 shipped anywhere in the US, $150 shipped to Canada. If you have 1 or 0 cats, you'll want this to quiet down the exhaust whenever you need to (on a date, cop area, school, etc)

Included:
- Apex'i ECV machined to fit 2.5" piping,gaskets,and flanges ($60 value)
- controller + cable
- original gaskets if you want to use it on the flex pipe
- 2.5" gasket ($8 value) to use inline with your 2.5" exhaust
- my test valve plates

* I will find the original valve plate (which you can't use on the flex pipe as it is way too big)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
also interested, but how hard is it to install and how does it really work?

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
mazduh - if you can unbolt a flange, it should be cake to install. the most difficult part is probably routing the cable.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a thread in the modifications forum for this: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=42320.0

It only takes a few minutes to install- just put it between your exhaust flanges. It fits the stock flex pipe's flange (and you can run the cable through the hood latch's hole on the firewall) but the original plate was too big for the opening so I had to make my own plates.

Basically, it's a valve to reduce the exhaust flow. If you're running without a cat or 2, it's loud, so if you put this after the muffler you can control the volume/flow. Many of the cat-backs are flanged after the muffler- so this is a quick bolt-on. In fully open position (default) it's like the TB's butterfly on WOT. In fully closed position, the exhaust still flows- just not as much obviously, so you won't accidentally choke your engine.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can rationalize it as 127 + shipping + new gasket + machine shop labor... :)

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pending...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.