Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale: Rays Engineering extended lug nuts (black)
Size: 12mm X 1.5 (fits Toyota, Mazda, Honda, Mitsubishi)
Fits stock wheels.

Features:
Very lightweight and strong (much lighter and stronger than my Mutekis and Kyokugens)
Extended length for long studs (racing studs or wheel spacer studs)
“Rays” engraved on top
Textured edges for easy hand removal
16 lugs are regular 6-sided (fits regular sockets)
4 lugs are special locks (7 sided with key slot)
Replacement keys can be purchased through authorized Rays wheels retailers (www.mackinindustries.com for info)

Excellent condition. Used for less than 2500 miles. Always hand torqued (never with air tools). Has some minor scratches and nicks from daily use, but not abuse.

Includes:
16 extended lugs
4 extended lug locks
1 extension socket
1 lug lock key
All original packaging

Extra free stuff:
1 Volk Racing wheel cover (you can flip it inside-out for no logo)
1 Scion tech sock (brand new. protects MP3 player/digital camera/cell phone or use it to cover your shift knob)

These are the best lugs available (better than Buddy Club, 5Zigen, Work, etc).
Brand new these cost $130-150 + shipping (example below)
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...OD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Code=RAYSDURANUT-BLK
I’m selling at $110 shipped via UPS or Fedex ground (tracking number provided). Paypal accepted. Local pick up is available (Los Angeles 909). Will consider partial trade for an aftermarket exhaust.

Everything pictured is included

Wheel cover in action (flip it inside-out to make it blank/logo-less)

Close up of lugs

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=oneill8769 link=topic=65732.msg1126353#msg1126353 date=1167514863]
Any reason you're selling 'em?
[/quote]

i got a set of heavy duty steel Gorilla locks (all 20 lugs are keyed). these are heavy as hell, but super tough to remove. although there is a performance loss with the Gorillas, i have much more peace-of-mind knowing my $2500 SSR wheels are more secure LOL.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=HKSpeed link=topic=65732.msg1126363#msg1126363 date=1167515511]
[quote author=oneill8769 link=topic=65732.msg1126353#msg1126353 date=1167514863]
Any reason you're selling 'em?
[/quote]

i got a set of heavy duty steel Gorilla locks (all 20 lugs are keyed). these are heavy as hell, but super tough to remove. although there is a performance loss with the Gorillas, i have much more peace-of-mind knowing my $2500 SSR wheels are more secure LOL.
[/quote]

not trying to bust balls, but what do the lug nuts look like? are they the "splined" style? where the key fits around the nut and the splines fit in to the corresponding grooves?

these are what im referring to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-GO...008QQitemZ180067372708QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

if so, i would say to stick with what you have, because obviously you can buy the key anywhere. and let me not mention that i have already broken 2 keys. i have black wheels, and when i broke the key, it slipped off the nut and scratched the wheel i was on; and when i called gorilla for either a new key, or money to get the wheel redone, or both, all they said was that they make them as strong as they can, and were not responsible for breaking because they have done hours of R & D and this is the best design they came up with.

i will never purchase gorilla products again due to poor quality and customer service. if i may recommend the route i will next be going: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODG...tegoryZ33749QQihZ007QQitemZ170063886922QQrdZ1

this is a much better design IMO because it is much more sturdy, whereas the thin sidewalls on the gorilla key led to the failure of the product, i think it would take the hulk to break this key; well at least i hope so!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
yep. as you can see, one is split, and the other is to bent out of shape to hold on to the grooves, so it just slides in circles.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
shitty.

fyi, the weight of your lugs MIGHT AT THE VERY MOST knock 0.01 seconds off your 1/4 mile time. please don't talk about performance loss with heavier lugs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=biped link=topic=65732.msg1126533#msg1126533 date=1167526174]
shitty.

fyi, the weight of your lugs MIGHT AT THE VERY MOST knock 0.01 seconds off your 1/4 mile time. please don't talk about performance loss with heavier lugs.
[/quote]

wtf?

fyi, i wasnt making any inference of 1/4 times or any standard of measurement. this isnt a thread about weight and 1/4 times. there are alot of other threads which discuss this topic, so you dont need to bring it here. I dont appreciate you hijacking my thread and trying to sabotage my sale. feel free to go start a whole new thread in the wheel/tire section about your views and opinions about lug nuts.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
:femgearhead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts