Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,
First let me say a big THANK YOU to all of you for help and education since I've been a member here. This was my first experience modding and tuning and I've learned a great deal and am grateful to be and have been a member of this community.

As much as it pains me, I am selling my 06 MS6 GT, aka dadasracecar. I would like to keep it just the way it is as I have spent so much time caring and nurturing her. Asking price is $20K.

Before you think I'm just jumping ship, let me explain that this was a business decision. I am an owner of P3 Performance, LLC and we are an seller, installer, and tuner of aftermarket parts for cars. Our main supplier is cp-e and they make parts for Mazdas and BMWs. The other four owners of P3 all have MS6s and none of us have ever turned a wrench on a BMW. We recognized this as a deficiency and a lack of market knowledge. I am in the best position financially (which ain't sayin' much) to pull this off and so I bought a 335i. I ask to still be a member of this community as I will be tuning these cars for some time to come and will be working with and learning from all of you.

The car has ~42,400 miles, a sunroof, and no navigation. The motor let go at ~33,000 miles and was replaced by Mazda under warranty. It came with a new factory clutch. The rod in cylinder two broke so add one more to the weak batch of rods theory. The transfer case was replaced at ~40,000 miles. All oil changes have been done with Pennzoil Platinum 10w-30 at 5K intervals. I have all documentation to support this. Since the motor was replaced, the car has never been tracked. The tires have about 15K miles on them and should last at the very least that much longer.

Now the goods:

Mod list:
cp-e: Motor Mount
cp-e: Standback wired in with map light and switch. The map light is located in the vent pod for the boost gauge
cp-e: XCel Cold Air Intake
cp-e: ∆Core Front Mount Intercooler
cp-e: catted Downpipe
cp-e: single Cat Back Exhaust
cp-e: HPFpump
cp-e: FullControl Flash
HKS SSQV blow off valve
DNP exhaust manifold

custom 3" turbo inlet with recirc fitting and vacuum source nipple for wastegate solenoid
Red Powdercoated valve cover - by Bonehead Performance
Red Powdercoated intake manifold with VTCS delete and light porting - by Bonehead Performance
TWM Stage 1 Short Shifter w/ bushings
TWM weighted shift knob
Tanabe Strut Tower Brace painted black
RPM K-Spec Springs
Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks
Turbine Tech forward rear diff mount
cp-e: upper rear diff mount - continues to be the only one in existence
Battery relocation with distribution block, 4 gauge wire, inline fuse, and frame mounted battery box with tie down
Optima Red Top battery
Dashhawk
Saikou Michi Catch can with addtional pcv valve to prevent crankcase pressurization under boost. CC emptied at every fuel fill up.
Stubby antenna
50% metallic tint on doors and rear windows.
Exhaust tips painted with high temp flat black paint.

Pix:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good Luck as well! BTW, do you take the Dulles Toll Rd from time to time? Might have seen you on the road I as am just CC'ing it at 60.

·
Registered
267 Posts
shit, wish i first of all knew about forums when i bought my car and second, that this was up for sale... someone's going to be lucky

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^
yeah, I think Donny was a little pissed about that production snafu as well.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I would seriously die to have this car. Beautiful beautiful beast. Good luck with the sale. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT
who wants to buy my 2008 Mazda3 Hatch GT for uh ... $20,000? :lol: :lol: :lol:
normally not a fan of silver cars but ... :shock:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Any chance of parting out? I'm as local as you can get without living in DC (I can look out my office window and see the Washington monument :lol:).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[quote author=Kain link=topic=121804.msg2573979#msg2573979 date=1219952336]
Any chance of parting out? I'm as local as you can get without living in DC (I can look out my office window and see the Washington monument :lol:).
[/quote]

Any chance you want to sell/carmax your MS3 and use the cash to buy mine? j/k

Seriously, I don't want to part it out but I will if no one buys it in a month.

·
Registered
435 Posts
if it weren't so close to warranty expiration, i'd be more inclined to sell my car to buy yours.
Also, what is engine and wheel HP and ft/lbs?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's ~7500 miles from warranty expiration but the motor only has 9K on it and the Xfer case is brand new. Last time I dynoed was around 270 awhp at only 17psi but that was before the flash and the turbo inlet pipe. I'll include a free dyno run on our new dyno for the buyer. It'll be tuned to the purchaser's spec for AFR and boost.

·
Registered
435 Posts
you should find out how much an extended 7/100k warranty is.
if you bought it and then i bought it from you and it transferred, etc.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
hah, if extended warranty is the make or break it point, I dont think dada's car is for you.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=121804.msg2575398#msg2575398 date=1220007159]
hah, if extended warranty is the make or break it point, I dont think dada's car is for you.
[/quote]

This isn't a car I would recommend taking to the dealer anyways. xD

·
Registered
302 Posts
^^^ agreed, the dealer would freak out at all the mods. any excuse they can use to make money, they would take.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts