Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just quit my most recent job. i am 18 going on 19 and i worked for fry's electrionics for about a month before i quit.

the reason i quit is because the management and the overall job was pretty rediculous. new store manager and assistant store manager both female rich with estrogen, firing people left and right.

i worked for LP or Loss Prevention. When i was hired the Lp manager was the cooliest guy in the world. the new store managers demoted him and made him go drive 50 miles to a differnet store as a reg LPO loss prevention officer or undercover because he was too "nice".

Now the new LPM LP manager is a complete douche. One of my co workers grandmother recently passed and he had to go to the funeral and ceremony on a saturday and sunday; guess what the new boss said? "No, you have to work. We are busy those days." WTF...

I had to go home sick, because i was utterly sick and i dont call out ever. He said "Go to the emergency room and get a doctors note saying that you can not physically work."

so i quit. ridiculous no?

oh and they were deducting pay. Also the return policy is horrible.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Yeah, that's what I heard. My friend worked for Frys for a while and he also quit because of management.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Frys is horrible all around, they have the WORST customer service EVER, and I do a lot of shopping.

They finally started to accept Amex, and some of their prices are good, but better deals can be found elsewhere. Especially when you turn on the computer and start shopping.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
as far as a going into an actual building, fry's is my favorite place to buy electronics. You can get better prices online though. But that store is like a giant candy store for me. I love it.

I would never work there though.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Typical new age americans...Next time stick around and take it like a man, you get hassled by management and all you do is quit? You're proving to them that you weren't reliable to begin with, which in return, allows them to higher other people and find out who'll take their shit, the ones who handle it, get the job and get their trust. The one who quit , well, look like you .

Good day.

·
Registered
40,015 Posts
If my job does not allow me to take a couple days off to go to a fucking funeral, I see that as grounds for quitting....

·
Registered
752 Posts
[quote author=siscim23 link=topic=115678.msg2416484#msg2416484 date=1214340178]
If my job does not allow me to take a couple days off to go to a fucking funeral, I see that as grounds for quitting....
[/quote] OP didn't have a funeral, his friend did.

·
Registered
40,015 Posts
Your post wasn't OP specific either. "Typical new age Americans" I wouldn't want to work at a place that doesn't allow time off for a death in the family.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
i think Fry's is great for selection and sometimes price.
2 rules though..

1) never ask them for technical advice.
- they're idiots (many of them) and you're almost better off asking another shopper.

2) grab items from the pallet on top of the shelves.
- they often restock returns right to the shelf without even testing them (after re-shrink wrapping them)

·
Registered
805 Posts
[/quote]

+eleventy billion!

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=115678.msg2416504#msg2416504 date=1214340725]

2) grab items from the pallet on top of the shelves.
- they often restock returns right to the shelf without even testing them (after re-shrink wrapping them)
[/quote]

I've found that out. Had to return printers 3 times before getting one that worked. Idiots. I don't buy anything from there anymore. I'd have better luck trying to manufacture electronics in my home. :grr:

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
[quote author=arkenzo link=topic=115678.msg2416437#msg2416437 date=1214339173]
Typical new age americans...Next time stick around and take it like a man, you get hassled by management and all you do is quit? You're proving to them that you weren't reliable to begin with, which in return, allows them to higher other people and find out who'll take their shit, the ones who handle it, get the job and get their trust. The one who quit , well, look like you .

Good day.
[/quote]

I agree, however it extends beyond just Americans. This is becoming common among all "Generation Y" folks. Of course, I'm only 26 and have held a total of 5 jobs in my life. 2 out of college...1 during high school, 2 in college.

Best thing to do: don't go work at some shit retailer because you think you'll get discounts or your friends say it's a cool place to be. Also, as a teenager you're at the bottom of the barrell...people will shit on you, learn to live with it.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
[/quote]

And most jobs will... however a minimum wage job (probably part-time) is a bit different. The shift manager should have been willing to help the kid find someone to cover the shift. Of course, the manager probably knows their life sucks because they chose not to attend college, get a degree, and then have a challenging/enjoyable careeer. Now, they're stuck in the work hell-hole known as retail management.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I have had 3 jobs as of right now, 1 was Mcdonalds (hahaha, which I actually worked at for 4 years during HS, its not a bad place to work, seems better than frys) my other 2 were Co-ops where I was able to return and work part-time for during classes to make some extra money...I am 22, and I have worked in 2 very repectable companies one of which most of you probably have never heard of, and the other Motorola.

I agree, if you need to go to the emergency room to be excused from work when your sick...thats rediculous as long as it doesnt happen too often...

and secondly thats absolutly absurd that the OPs friend couldnt get off for a funeral. Even at McDonalds if I had a family emergency they were completely understanding and let me do my thing.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
[quote author=kj442 link=topic=115678.msg2416668#msg2416668 date=1214345039]
and secondly thats absolutly absurd that the OPs friend couldnt get off for a funeral. Even at McDonalds if I had a family emergency they were completely understanding and let me do my thing.
[/quote]

The way I see it, in this situation... we never know the complete situation so it's hard to assume anything against either party.

·
Registered
46 Posts
[quote author=WhiteMs3 FTW! link=topic=115678.msg2416380#msg2416380 date=1214338119]

I had to go home sick, because i was utterly sick and i dont call out ever. He said "Go to the emergency room and get a doctors note saying that you can not physically work."

[/quote]

Thats kind of crazy... dont most trips to the ER cost a cost a deductible, i would just have puked at work and have them send me home.

but you cant expect much from a job meant for highschoolers.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
RIDICULOUS

That is how you spell it people.

·
Registered
752 Posts
[quote author=KeepJeepin link=topic=115678.msg2416765#msg2416765 date=1214348011]
RIDICULOUS

That is how you spell it people.
[/quote] Can you translate this for me, please? STFU

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
^ ouch.

Oh yeah.....Fry's has always been horrible in every way but the purchase part. Thats returns, help, everything after.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
[quote author=arkenzo link=topic=115678.msg2416437#msg2416437 date=1214339173]

Good day.
[/quote]

who the fuck are you anyway?

goddamn women, always crying when i beat their face in. i know the one that really loves me will stick around.

'but, officer, it was just a test! a teeeeeeeeeest..."

that is the most retarded logic i've ever heard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts