Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get this? I'll walk outside after work and my car is the only one in the parking lot that has the insides of the windows completely frosted up. If I don't want to wait 20 minutes while the car warms up I have to scrape it off with a credit card. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
I've had this happen to me, but not the whole inside of the windshield... mostly right above where the front window defroster is. I think it just has to do with the ambient temperature honestly, and humidity/moisture in the air.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think that usually means there is some moisture inside the car somewhere. Do you track alot of snow/slush/rainwater in? Could be soaking into your mats & carpet.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
That makes sense for me. I have waterhog style mats, and yes its snowy here... so there would be moisture inside my car. I cannot speak for the OP though, however it does say that he is from Canada, so I'm sure his situation would be similar.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I do get some snow in my car from my shoes, but I don't think it's more than the average person. But I will try banging them off a bit and see if that does anything. Someone else told me it will help if I wipe the windows down with vinegar, maybe I'll give that a shot. Just hope my car doesn't smell like a sock after that :/

·
Registered
425 Posts
i'm told that thats why the a/c light comes on when using defrost. it runs to dehumidify the air a bit so that doesnt happen so much...

·
Registered
275 Posts
goodbye_galaxy, I have a hunch that it is due to some kind of residue or something on the inside of the windshield. I haven't had this happen to me in two winters of owning the car, and this week (after I got my windows tinted last weekend...sun strip on the windshield) I had it frost on the inside for the first time. I know they use stuff to clean the windows and then apply something else under the tint...so I think that had something to do with it. When it warms up, I'm going to do a thorough job cleaning my windows.

John

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good, I'll clean the windows next chance I get. If another 3 owner who lives ~20 min from me hasn't seen this in two years, then I guess I'm doing it wrong!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Once the interior warms up, take the system off of recirculate and let some fresh air in.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I get frost on the inside of my windshield and rear window quite often this time of year. This has been the case with every car I've owned for 25 years, in southern Ontario and in Thunder Bay. That's just the way it is. I scrape it and get on with my life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts