Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm anyone of you guys get pulled over yet for ur front tints??
i wanna get mine tinted all around but then scared if da cops will pull me over n gimme a ticket

·
Registered
432 Posts
they'll just give you a warning ticket. but to remove the tint it will cost you at least $20 if you go to a shop. You have 5 days after you get the notice.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Mine's been okay so far *touch wood*.

Maybe it's because I have 20% rear, and only 50% fronts. I've passed by many cops, esp. at night, and never got stopped.

J

·
0 Posts
In the states they dont give a warning ticket for it anymore. Now its just a straight fine of about 135USD. the only good thing is you dont have to remove the tint. The bad thing is you can get ticketed for it over and over and over..............

·
Registered
177 Posts
Levitron said:
Mine's been okay so far *touch wood*.

Maybe it's because I have 20% rear, and only 50% fronts. I've passed by many cops, esp. at night, and never got stopped.
Me too I got 5% rear and 35% front and *touch wood* as well for me 8) and I avoid going to Richmond at all cost........ unless you live there or work there etc..............

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah dat thread lol i read dat awhile bak n forgot bout its
hmm if i plan to tint my fronts i probaably will drive with da windows down neways at nite hah

lol damm wahyinghung's tint pretty dark at night 35 and 5

J

·
0 Posts
Hey Levitron through personal experience I find its best that when you get new rims you keep the old. That way if your car is in a wreck and is totalled but the rims are ok, and you want them back, you need to swap them with something and having the stock ones is the best way. That way you dont need to go out and find a pair of cheap rims to swap out.

·
Registered
432 Posts
br3ad-bOi said:
hmm if i plan to tint my fronts i probaably will drive with da windows down neways at nite hah
Even in pouring rain?? :lol:

When you're passing cops or being passed by cops.. it's hard for them to judge your tint coz the back tint already darken the car... i was stopped by a cop who was stopped at a light on my right hand side when i crossed the intersection.. so he basically had a very good idea of my front tint.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow! there's a lot of people from vancouver & richmond driving Mazda 3.
I think we should start our own group down here. Anyways, Yeah! It's kinda hard to make our cars look good in here, a lot of stuff you can't do even just tint your front windows light. For me its plain bullshit!

·
Registered
432 Posts
CoolBluemazda said:
Yeah! It's kinda hard to make our cars look good in here, a lot of stuff you can't do even just tint your front windows light. For me its plain bullshit!
yep it sux.. coz in ON you can tint the front windows.. don't see why diff laws in the same country?? :roll:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
2k1_bug said:
CoolBluemazda said:
Yeah! It's kinda hard to make our cars look good in here, a lot of stuff you can't do even just tint your front windows light. For me its plain bullshit!
yep it sux.. coz in ON you can tint the front windows.. don't see why diff laws in the same country?? :roll:
because the law system for cars is messed up :?

·
Banned
868 Posts
Juan said:
Hey Levitron through personal experience I find its best that when you get new rims you keep the old. That way if your car is in a wreck and is totalled but the rims are ok, and you want them back, you need to swap them with something and having the stock ones is the best way. That way you dont need to go out and find a pair of cheap rims to swap out.
You got the wrong person. You're talking about wahyinghung.

·
Registered
45 Posts
im gonna get a tint soon, decided to get the front tinted too but lighter to get some contrast hopefully i won't get trouble from the cops.

·
Registered
432 Posts
WholeWheat said:
im gonna get a tint soon, decided to get the front tinted too but lighter to get some contrast hopefully i won't get trouble from the cops.
Good luck. Cops are everywhere.. and they got nothing better to do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
what if i try to put a 75% in front and something way darker for the rear like 25%... do you guys think cops would notice that? :|

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm i don't think they will mind that much..nxane
75% is sort of light
but i think there will be a lot more cops in richmond from now on
i saw like soo many cops near landsdowne today around 9:30 and blocked off the streets around that picticular area

·
Registered
432 Posts
nxane said:
what if i try to put a 75% in front and something way darker for the rear like 25%... do you guys think cops would notice that? :|
If you tint the back really really dark.. it makes the front looks much darker too.. so i'm not sure. My front windows looks dark even without the tint now... especially when i'm looking at it from the front the front of the car.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts