Mazda3 Forums banner

Front strut mount question

17K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  08_hatch-3 
#1 ·
Hi all. Just ordered a new set of Koni yellow, and was gonna replace front mount as well. I'm getting a clunking sound over bumps, and a mechanic checked out everything else but those, so thought I might as well change them while I'm at it. Is the mount the same for a Speed 3 vs a regular 3? Cheapest I found was partsgeek.com for $33 each. Just wanted to make sure it get correct part before I have suspension off. Thanks.

#2 ·
:dunno: sorry, but they do go bad....

#4 ·
This is what I was planning on getting. This should have the bearing inside as well, correct?

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2007/mazda/3/suspension/strut_mount.html

Hmmm....looks like maybe not. Mechanic said to get new mounts, and the clanging I hear is metallic, not a grinding like I would associate w/ the bearing going bad. Noise is over bumps, not when I turn.

#6 ·
Thanks. Figured since I hear a clunk over bumps, mount is only thing left. I'll check bearing once I have it apart, can get good look at it.

#7 ·
So I am getting ready to replace my front struts and was just wondering if the mount is the same for both. I'm planning to replace the mount when i replace the strut so i don't have to worry about needing to replace it like 20k miles after replacing the strut. Was the parts geek item acceptable? What about this which is for a regular mazda 3 on rock auto?: Since i haven't heard any weird noises i don't think i need new bearings?

2008 MAZDA 3 2.3L L4 : Suspension : Strut Mount Wiki Price
ACDELCO Part # 901065 {#19294125} SUSPENSION MOUNT
COVER,FRT SUSP STRUT MT
$17.78
Part In Cart

#8 ·
Jonathan,
That's where I wound up getting my mounts from, they worked just fine. There was not a difference in mounts between 3 and Speed 3.

#9 ·
Okay, awesome. I just wanted to make sure since it wasn't listed under the speed 3 on rock auto. Funny thing I called the dealer to get a price, and they wanted my last 8 of the vin cause they claimed there were multiple kinds for my early 2008... i can't imagine that's true unless they used multiple manufacturers. I think the guy was being dumb.

#10 ·

Which part of this do i need to replace when i get new mounts? When i called mazda they confused me with about 5 different items that make up the whole assembly from the boots to the bolt on top. I thought maybe this diagram would help. Which part #? I don't have any bearing problems, i just figure to replace the non metal parts that can compress over time.

8 - Upper Bushing
9 - Seat
10 - Seat Stiffener

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.