Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've notice alot of you don't have your front license plate on, did you guys just put it on your dashboard or its not required in your states ... i live in richmond and i wanna put mine on my dashboard, but my friend stopped me and said that once i get into a car crash with my front or hit something with my front, the license plate is gonna chop my head off ... that stopped me from putting it there ...
any suggestions ?
the car looks nicer without the front license plate ...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm in california, I didn't put it on. I would say about 30% of people don't put it on. Cops don't bother you about it unless they pull you over for something else (speeding, etc.). I think in Cali you can just put the plate in your front window, but i'm not gonna do that b/c it looks ghetto. If you already have the holes in your bumper, you can paint some plugs with touch-up paint and use them to fill the hole.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Front plate is not required in Indiana, is required in Illinois though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yup front plate required over here... I didnt put it on cuz well I havent gotten my plates yet... I was gonna get Loaded3 but it was already taken... probably by some dude with a BMW M3... so i'll settle for whatever Illinois gives me...

And i'll see how long i can go without a front plate... provided cops leave me alone...

·
Registered
526 Posts
mnemonicj said:
Front plate is not required in Indiana, is required in Illinois though.
And Ohio, don't descriminate against your brother on the other side... :p

·
Banned
868 Posts
Derek, it is required by law in BC to have your plates installed, front and back.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Not in Quebec. For once, I like the cheap bastards in our government. Pay more and we save on cost so only one plate in the back....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Needed in New York
But I liked what my bro-in-law once said...whats the point of making people have front license, how often are you speeding away from the cops in reverse anyway? :wink:

·
Registered
432 Posts
i really don't see the point of having the front plate.. coz the insurance expiry dates only show on the rear anyways.. and how often do the cops check your plate from their rear view mirrors??

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I dun see the pt either.

I guess cuz the cops r too lazy to walk to the back to look at ur license when they pull u over with the laser gun.

im just joking...but i hate that too

·
Registered
78 Posts
One reason police might want a front plate is so there is something to get a clear laser reflection off of... I've heard they usually aim the laser at the plate for a good reading.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
i just heard that if i put those plastic covering at the rear license..that's illegal, but if i put one on the front license, is it illegal also??

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
derek_choi said:
i've notice alot of you don't have your front license plate on, did you guys just put it on your dashboard or its not required in your states ... i live in richmond and i wanna put mine on my dashboard, but my friend stopped me and said that once i get into a car crash with my front or hit something with my front, the license plate is gonna chop my head off ... that stopped me from putting it there ...
any suggestions ?
the car looks nicer without the front license plate ...
Required here in BC, but I took mine off anyway :D

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
i know it's required here in BC... but i just want to ask if anybody know what i can put on top of the license plate to minimize reflections from laser shooting??

·
Registered
432 Posts
Absinthe said:
Required here in BC, but I took mine off anyway :D
I know i've seen a blue Sport without the front plate... so that was you .. hahaha... :wink:

·
Banned
868 Posts
By law in BC, you cannot have anything covering the front plate whether it is clear or not.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well... this is for the rear plate and IT's GREAT!!

but how about those ppl who cut the top and bottom of the plate and leave only the numbers for the front plate. Is that illegal as well?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts