Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my plates and registration today. I'm probably not going to put the front plate on. Has anyone removed the bracket and found a stealth way to plug the holes so it looks nice and clean??

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
how about an explanation matt!!
nice pic, but wtf are those :p

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
i thought pictures were worth 1000 words?

I bought a little packet at AutoZone with different sized clips and ect...

THere was 3 in there that fit, and had a small head, i had to hammer them in but they are in there good

·
Registered
375 Posts
Exactly what I am doing in mine. Of course I carry the front license plate with me in the trunk in case the "nice cops" have nothing to do. :)

Carlos

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
god I love being in a state without front plates! All you guys have to do is find the right sized buttons to fit in the holes. NIce work on the Red Speed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ya well your lucky diablospeed, cause in idaho you have to have them and it SUCKS! I do like what Mazdaspeed33 did with his plates although I have to wonder if that affects the cooling of the radiator. It actually gets very hot here in the summer, not like in Canada.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Yeah i got pulled over twice for NOT haveing a plate in the front

Says to cop " I didnt know i couldnt do that officer"
In my mind "Actually i DID know i couldnt do that"

·
Registered
67 Posts
[quote author=spudboy link=topic=72243.msg1273507#msg1273507 date=1174173042]
Ya well your lucky diablospeed, cause in idaho you have to have them and it SUCKS! I do like what Mazdaspeed33 did with his plates although I have to wonder if that affects the cooling of the radiator. It actually gets very hot here in the summer, not like in Canada.
[/quote]

He's in the Toronto Area .. It gets disgustingly hot and humid there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm glad they didn't even put the front bracket on when I got the car....I'm sure they would have if the car had actually sat at the dealer for more than an hour before I got it. I think the plate would ruin the front look of the car

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=Nymisus link=topic=72243.msg1274601#msg1274601 date=1174241313]
I'm glad they didn't even put the front bracket on when I got the car....I'm sure they would have if the car had actually sat at the dealer for more than an hour before I got it. I think the plate would ruin the front look of the car
[/quote]

Yes it does ruin it

When i had the front bumper off i noticed that the black strip can be replaced

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
how ironic... I was thinking of spraying that myself this weekend but it got too hot.

Nice work! If I am correct that removes from behind the bumper. Maybe if I win that HID kit I'll spray that piece since I'll have the bumper off......I don't like argent colored plastic what-soever.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
bumper comes off 3 screws at the back and ur good :p btw i had my rear bumper painted also just the part where the plate is i left the lip black :p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts