Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just got my silver HB. The only thing i sort of dislike about the design is the front grill.. anyone know if it's possible to get the grill that they put on the non-US version (as pictured above... kinda like the i grill but body colored top)? Thanks.

[/code]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... I thought about that. I guess I'll have to ask the dealer about how that would work. The sport-grille is just a little too over the top for me. In fact, the basic mesh grill looks "sportier" to me. If i could get the non-us HB grill... then my car would look almost just like this one at the frankfurt motor show.

Without

[/img]

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not too sure. I'm waiting for the Kenstyle grill personally. It lloks like the non-US HB doesn't come stock with the sport package(lack of sills and 17's). Am I wrong? If thats the case, does it also come with the 2.0?

Craig

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I have to go in to get my clearcoat/scotchguard treatment, so I'll ask the service people about that... along with aftermarket heated seats, when i go in. Otherwise, I imagine the part could somehow just be ordered from overseas. I guess the euro version has the sport package body kit as an option. The pictures show the sport package wheels but no grill, sills, or spoiler.

·
Registered
526 Posts
wow! i like the non-us grill a lot better...that'll be a sure mod

·
Registered
2 Posts
The european front grill cannot be replaced with an US version grill. It's because the front bumpers are different also. If you'd want to replae the front grill, you would have to replace the front bumper and fog lights as well.

If you look at the bumpers really closely, you'll notice that the lower air intake and fog lights are different. The US front grill is actually two parts - upper part (grill with a mazda logo) and lower part (one piece attached to the bumper). You can replace the upper part easy but the lower part of the US grill will not fit with EU front bumper.

I just got my Mazda today (EU version with EU grill). I got the US grill as an option for free (part of the deal). I'm planning on replacing it as soon as i get it from dealer. But it will need some extra work to make it fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts