Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be getting my mazda3 black mica in 2 weeks.

i was wondering if the front mazda badge is easy to remove? because i would like to paint it black.// or would i have to remove the entire grill

thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
has anyone seen aftermarket grilles?

i noticed the kenstyle body kit in the other thread and really liked the grille. the one with nothing in the middle.

anyone?

·
Registered
35 Posts
thanks absinthe, it wasnt what i had in mind but it could grow on me.

now to find a distributor in australia!?

unless boom exports to oz. hmmm....

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
about how much does that grill run?

·
Registered
432 Posts
i like the one on the Kenstyle better .. the autoexe looks very much like the original grille without the badge.. not worth so much money.

the mesh grille will be popular coz it's practically on every P5 out there.

I'm thinking of debadging the rear.. that huge mazda thing is bothering me.. it's just too big.. probably the biggest badge i've ever seen on a car. Wonder if there will be holes behind it?

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
2k1_bug said:
i like the one on the Kenstyle better .. the autoexe looks very much like the original grille without the badge.. not worth so much money.

the mesh grille will be popular coz it's practically on every P5 out there.

I'm thinking of debadging the rear.. that huge mazda thing is bothering me.. it's just too big.. probably the biggest badge i've ever seen on a car. Wonder if there will be holes behind it?
If you do please post pics when you are done :)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
2k1_bug said:
Wonder if there will be holes behind it?
Yep. There is 2 holes behind the rear emblem, and 2 holes behind the Mazda emblem. Only one that doesnt look like it has holes is the 3 itself.

·
Registered
432 Posts
vaBooM said:
Yep. There is 2 holes behind the rear emblem, and 2 holes behind the Mazda emblem. Only one that doesnt look like it has holes is the 3 itself.
Thanks... i don't have to take it apart to find out now

·
Registered
35 Posts
yeah so do i!

it looks like the kenstyle kit one in the other thread.

where can you order mazdaspeed grills outside of japan? im in australia but am willing to order stateside if possible.

cheers!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just wonder where they will leave a hole for the hood latch? it sits roughly below the Mazdaspeed badge. I suppose this grille has a mesh net and not a big opening.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
2k1_bug said:
Just wonder where they will leave a hole for the hood latch? it sits roughly below the Mazdaspeed badge. I suppose this grille has a mesh net and not a big opening.
good point, I was thinking of the same thing too!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wish one could simply get the non-US Grill like the one below and just pop out the old one and pop it in it's place. the "sport" grill is just a little over the top for my tastes. The non-US one just looks better... All the cool photos I've seen are ones with the mesh grill. Also, the mesh seems "sportier" than the sport grill, which is supported by the fact that the mazdaspeed version will have a mesh grill.

Anyone inquired with dealer about doing this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts