Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I have yet to scrape our new MS3 but that's due to slowly angling every entry and exit that looks scrapable.
In my former life as a valet parker, I had to warn all "sports car" drivers of the steep decline exit from the hotel where I worked to keep their front ends intact. One Lamborghini Diablo driver installed 4 solid casters under the front lip to prevent scraping. They looked like skateboard wheels that were attached to the frame and essentialy took the brunt of the impact on low surfaces and lifted the car enough to allow it to "roll" over any steep incline or decline without scraping the body. I do not recommend this - merely an observation.

yeah, I scrape all the time in my MS3. The plastic under the bumper is what I scrape every day getting in and out of my garage, as well as some entrances to shopping centers, etc. Better than my old slammed vw bug days, getting stuck on speed bumps...

[quote author=xoomoox link=topic=66788.msg1148719#msg1148719 date=1168755047]One Lamborghini Diablo driver installed 4 solid casters under the front lip to prevent scraping.[/quote]

:shock:

Please tell me you had to get under the car to see them. I'd hate to see some scmuck ruin such a pretty car...

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Come on C-bass, you know those rich folks usually don't care if they have skateboard wheels attatched to thier hood! I used the word usually so I don't offend anyone. :rofl: :rofl:

[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=66788.msg1149543#msg1149543 date=1168814866]
next thing you know is - his car does a BACKFLIP roflmao
[/quote]

Haha, I love that clip. I could think of worse ways of throwing away a few million dollars :lol:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.