Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres this rattle I hear whenever im on a slightly bumpy road.
And its driving my fking insane.
Its not coming from my aftermarket tweeter since i took off the tweeter A panel and drove with it there and its still happening.
Sorry if this is the wrong section, and i cant find that rattle thread either.
It sounds like its coming from the vent area to the left of the steering wheel or around the front of the door, I cant get an exact readout on it because i cant really stick my head down there and investigate while driving.

I tried to take a video of it but i just got road noise and couldnt hear it.

The rattle from hell.

LOL holy **** i didnt see the thread down there.

You can lock this if you like.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i have this problem too, but it sounds like it's coming from the passenger side. ive read many posts and problems on other websites and many of them point to a loose air duct in which the dealer tightened. i havent done anything about it because i'm pretty tolerant of it because i turn up the music to disguise the sound. try it out and tell me what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zeroid, I'm having the same problem and its driving me nuts. Weird buzzing/rattling noise coming from the A-pillar/front left vent area directly left of the steerng wheel....did you ever figure out what it was?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
i have rattling everywhere.. just turn up the music.. and its all good...
my whole car makes weird noises in any gear when im below 2k rpm....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds normal to me. My car rattled until I hit 3,000 miles, then all the noises went away. Is your car new? I see you posted a 2009. Wait a good while and the noises will soon leave. The manual also states this.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
mine is 04 :) hahaha
stiff ride....tein s springs
upgraded motor mounts :)
ms3 cbe :)

hahaha its annoying sometimes but hey :) thats what the radio is for :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had this problem. took the dash apart, found nothing. It ended up being the (plastic) snap in clips pulled through the plastic inner fenderwall, allowing it to rattle. Same thing happened on the passenger side. I think the snow must pack in there and pry them loose. Good luck with your noise, hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts