Mazda3 Forums banner

From the horses mouth - there WILL NOT be an AEM Short Ram

1878 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  goldwing2000
I just got this from my AEM contact (the guy I worked with when they were using my car to develop the CAI for the 3)

We decided that the short ram would not be made because the CAS accepts a bypass valve and the short ram would not be that much less expensive then the CAS. Those are basically the two reasons we make SRS intakes unless they make more power then a CAS in which case we would not make a CAS. Hope that puts an end to all the rumors.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Yep ratch is right i spoke to them today about dc sports exhaust. They said the 6 first 3 second check back in a month. Also asked about the SRI he said same thing so all you sr guys better pick up the cai. Also for you 2.0 guys the CAI will only fit the 2.3l.
Re: From the horses mouth - there WILL NOT be an AEM Short R

raitchison said:
I just got this from my AEM contact (the guy I worked with when they were using my car to develop the CAI for the 3)

We decided that the short ram would not be made because the CAS accepts a bypass valve and the short ram would not be that much less expensive then the CAS. Those are basically the two reasons we make SRS intakes unless they make more power then a CAS in which case we would not make a CAS. Hope that puts an end to all the rumors.
I don't know how I feel about being called a horse... :D
Well it wasn't from your mouth either more your keyboard. :)

I was going to start with "It's official" but I figured I shouldn't be speaking for you or AEM so definitively. :)
ah good to know. Now can you find out if they are any closer to deciding if they are going to make a V2 for the 3?
They are considering doing a V2 but it's several months away at best, and not a sure thing (it would need to make more power than the CAS obviously)
G
They said it wouldn't be cheaper, but didnt state anything on power gains???
You know what this means guys.....no more stupid debates about which is better SRI or CAI?

Haha life just got easier :D
Well what I get out of that is that the SRI would make less power than the CAS, but not cost much less.
budgy said:
You know what this means guys.....no more stupid debates about which is better SRI or CAI?

Haha life just got easier :D
Only if you're talking about AEM. There's still Injen and they usually make the SRI/CAI in one convertible unit so you can switch over.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.