Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
It's VERY similar as far as the gauge cluster goes. I think aftermarket companies will eventually think of having an interior kit ot make a 3 look like an 8.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Frank said:
Your car will NEVER reach 8,000 RPM :p

Digital Speedo will be more like a fancy interior modification to have KPH or MPH shown instead of pointed.

-Farnk
We can still dream. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
8,000 rpm would be so cool. Come on the celica has 8000 rpm. O well its still good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you'll be able to change the redline, but I don't think it would be smart to actually take your car to 8K RPM often.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its not good for the car but well its fun :lol:

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Well lets hope a aftermarket company would come out with something similar and with the correct rpm specs. I would like to have a digital speedo in my 6.

·
Registered
62 Posts
get some guys in RX8 forum to swap to see it works
of cos if u are AT then u need a RX8 AT
let us know is working or not
cos i like the digital speedo as wel

·
Registered
273 Posts
there was a company that made them for hondas and acuras
and you just hook it up and it screws in place of the speedo and rpm gauge

·
Registered
67 Posts
Frank said:
Your car will NEVER reach 8,000 RPM :p
Hey! Lets not short change the 8, when I test drove the 6 speed it red lined at 8500 not 8000 :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
Red line in third and then shove it back into first. IT'LL DO 8 GRAND! I buried the tach in my Neon once by doing just that same thing. Blow the accessory belts in about a million pieces. The rev limiter can't help if the transmission is FORCING the engine to higher revs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm sorry redline in second and miss third...going back into first instead. That's what I meant to say...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts