Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I do this right. :help: I'm getting sick just going over this again. I looked up online a place where I can file a complaint & was directed to this site where there are others who were also mistreated by freeway mazda. I however bought a jeep from them.
On May 5th 2008 I went to the freeway dealership with a automobile guide. I knew what I wanted. My 20 year old son & 15 year old daughter were with me because I include my children in everything I do. :hug: We arrived approximately at 2 pm.
I pulled in & hadn't made it 25 feet when I was flagged down by a salesman. I told him that I just wanted to look around. He said "why don't you park & we'll talk. So I parked. He asked what I was looking for. I showed him the guide with 2 autos I had circled. He says "lets look around. After about 15 minutes of looking & not finding he says he needs to check with the manager. He comes back after about 15 minutes & takes us around to the back where the suv was parked. He then begins to ask me about my finances. I tell him that I have saved money & that I had also received some other funds. I let him know that I am not interested in a stickshift :csweeney:as I had a severe neck & back injury & I want to get away from those because of the difficulty that I have in shifting. I had taken notice of the automatic vehicles in the guide, that is why I chose what I did. I told him that I wanted a 4 wheel drive for use during the winter months & another car for my other everyday use. I had picked out these 2 because the price was right. As I talk to him about my financial situation he immediately steers me to another 4 wheel drive, after going over my wants, I had to point out to him that what he was trying to sell me had a stick shift! He then tells me that the car I want is at another lot in layton. I want to test drive the suv. He returns with the keys & I ask can we drive the suv to the other lot & get the other car. He says we can do that but I need to insure that you have the funds so lets stop by your bank so I can check out your funds. We load up & head to the bank. I get the paperwork that shows my accounts. He says now that he actually needs to get some money in hand before we can go get the car so I need to get the money for him. I proceeded to get a $10,000.00 cashiers check & a few thousand in cash. He says he needs to have the check in his possesion, so I hand it to him.:thebeansoldier: My bank people were looking at me strangely. They didn't quite understand what he was doing. We load again & drive to layton & get the car, turn round & drive back to riverdale. He said that he wanted my son to drive with him. His manager tacks on $2000.00 in other fees, the cable to the hood is broken & what was supposed to be $10,000.00 + tax was up to $13,000.00 & no inspection or registration. :bs: I have been there for 5 hours. I have 7 ruptured discs in my neck, 3 in my back, severe rheumatoid arthritis of the spine, ankylosing spondilitis, spinal cord is piched between c3-c7 vertabrae, I shake & need the assistance of a cane to walk, & now have one of the worst headaches I've suffered in a long time. By 8 pm I am so nauseous from the pain meds that I have taken that I :drool:throw up. I tell them that I would just like to take my money & go home, I can come back in a couple days. He says I have something else for you, lets take it for a drive. We do, even though I am sick. I want my money & I want to go home. "Thats all the more reason to hurry & get this done then" he says. My son says "my mother is very sick can't you see", :eek:neill8769: they ignore him. I told him that the jeep had been in some accident, there was damage to the rear panel. He said that it didn't make a difference, "you can hardly notice it" & your check is already made out to us (my name was underneath FREEWAY MAZDA CADILAC). :grr: I feel they totally took advantage of me, I couldn't even think straight :nunchucks:
My son had to drive, & when looking through the paperwork the following day my title was not enclosed. The next day I was driving home (I couldn't make it home that night because I was so sick) :windy: :rant: & my son pushed the button to lower the rear driver window & it fell into the door. I was sick for about 2 weeks due to this incident & I live 25 miles from riverdale, so it took me 2 weeks to get back to the dealership. The salesman came right up & asked "how is it?" I told him about the window & the missing title, which I beleived that since I had paid them nearly $12,000.00 cash for my suv that I should have it in hand. He said he was going to go see what he could do. I waited..& waited, :hideme: he never came back. It took me 2 months to get my title which they had sent off to my bank? And I could not get it. this all needed to be done within the office personel. After 2 months I finally received my title, but, to this day my window is still in need of repair. Everytime I have tried to do this airing of feelings I get so sick that I vomit. By far the WORST experience I have EVER had! Are there not :rules:rules? I think they are the lowest. :Hide: They have absolutely no :respect: for disabled/handicap human beings. Can I take them to :judge:

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I heard they are pretty bad...I went to Bountiful Mazda (almost 3 years ago) and they treated me rather well. Same can be said with Larry H. Miller Ford (Truckland) Sorry to hear about your experience.

I don't know if you could take them to small claims court, but it's worth seeking legal advice...I'm not a lawyer, just an engineer so I can't tell you what you should do.

Honestly, it's too late now...no matter how much you wanted to get the deal done and over with and get a new vehicle, you should have walked away, deals can always be found somewhere else. Walk out and they'll call you begging to come back. They know they're taking advantage of someone and they know the more they aggravate you, the more you're just wanting to sign the papers. Signing the papers gets them the deal. Also, just because you made the check out to them doesn't mean the deal is done, you can take back the check and rip it up. Or write VOID across the face of it, they haven't cashed it yet.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Wow, that is a horrible story. But those car dealers are always looking for an easy target and you were very naive. Stopping at the bank on a test drive? Warning sign?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I know, stopping at a bank?? I'd be like WTF, no and goodbye..

If I were you, I'd contact the local TV stations. i'm sure they have a consumer lawyer or reporter on staff. Then they'd do an investigation (if they help you) and would most likely get results.

Especially in your condition, this would be priceless. Also, contact your state's attorney general.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had a couple fun days there. Most of the people seemed fine and helpfull except for our first salesman (Hint - He has the same name as the drummer from Motley Crue but spelt a little different). The person i was with was offered a pretty good deal on a car but the whole time I had a feeling he was the biggest bullshiter that worked there. We were told it was in an accident but the damage only cost about $600 to fix. I did notice some paint missing on a door handle due to the edge of a polisher hitting it so i knew there was some work done on it. We wanted to see the report on the damage and repairs but for some reason he could not get them. We made him write down that we need to see them before any deal is made.

Three of us come back the next day and sit down with the person who does the paperwork with you (They were very nice, no problems with them) and the would be buyer goes over paper work and everything involved. This is where we noticed our salesman added to the paperwork and crossed things out. Stuff like the "request for damage report" was crossed out and the box for "informed buyer of damage over $2000" was checked off. At this point we recieve a paper stating when the accident happened and how much the repair was. Turns out there were multiple accidents in the few years its been on the road totaling about $15,000. One alone cost $11,000 (borderline write-off) He denied that he told us it was only $600 once and then pretty much went away with no argument, did not even atempt to salavge the sale. The other staff were helpful and seemed sympathetic to the stituation. We changed who we were dealing with and found a nicer car, safe and WITHOUT $15,000 in repairs over 3 years.

Freeway Mazda seems ok, just make sure you see all the reports you can on a used car before you go through all the bullshit of the paperwork. And ask for "Grampa" to show you cars. Seemed like he dident try to hide problems or avoid questions.

DONT LET THE DRUMMER FROM MOTLEY CRUE SELL YOU A CAR!!
(Looked like he was doing his rounds to each employee to tell them how we are liars and to try and save his reputation before we even got out of the back room. Or maybe joke about how he almost got away with it?)

PS
Too lazy to spell check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the place where i got my mazda 3 from. I felt kind of cheated when i got home but i cant do anything about it now, since I live out of their state. My advice to future car buyers that go there, dont even waste your time pulling in the parking lot keep on driving and go somewhere else..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts