Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
haha

start by saying which ones you have done

should shoot for free and under $50 mods...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oops.... :D sorry.

Monzta's Timing Mod
VCTS removal
TB Ground (as well as grounded my Alternator)
TB coolant bypass

I think that is it...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, that's gonna be my next one I do, in like 3000 miles or so, since just changed my oil. Are there any more? any under like $50, besides BSD?

·
Registered
244 Posts
E3 spark plugs. the ones with the diamond fire technology, then go get yourself a programmer and feel free to play around with your A/F ratio. Even if you don't the E3's still provide a superior spark, before you put them in though you want to mark the stock plug and the e3 with a marker in the same spot so you get them lined up right...remember the spark has to fire down.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but if you're not turbo, there is no need for a "better spark" your plugs have individual coils on them, the spark is controlled by the ECU, therefore any plug would perform well, and deliver exact spark everytime. Plus I just like Denso plugs better. But really, the bosch plugs would do just as well. The spark will only be as high voltage and as precise as the coil delivering it to the plug, regardless of what plug manufacturers tell you. Also, the programmer is like $1500, I wanted stuff under $50.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Stock plugs here and I AM FI
These stock iridiums are great.

·
Registered
244 Posts
don't you nkow any college geeks? buy them a kegger and they'll have a programm ready for you in a week or two

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
lol

dude any program they have ready will just be overridden by the ecu. what are you talking about?

playing with a/f is definitely not free on these cars.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=biped link=topic=69876.msg1217400#msg1217400 date=1171924516]
lol

dude any program they have ready will just be overridden by the ecu. what are you talking about?

playing with a/f is definitely not free on these cars.
[/quote]

Exactly, The microtech's to tune our cars are like $1500...

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Only real upgrades i see are
Take a/c out :chuckles:
Lightweight rims
P. Tires
Internals/ bore

You have a lot done for N/A

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I mean full N/A Port and polish heads, bigger valves, valve springs, Cams, Pistons, Rods, Crank, Blueprint, Balance...As far as N/A bolt ons, I'm pretty much done, except an actual intake. I'm gonna keep the A/C since I live in a place that makes Hell look like Minot in the middle of winter. Already got lightweight rims, and Performance tires (their also lightweight, lighter than the rims actually):

Old tires: 24lbs Old Rims: 20lbs
New tires: 21lbs New Rims: 18.5lbs

But hey, it's all N/A and it's ATX and she ran 15.7 in the 1/4...not to shabby. :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts