Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a site out there that has been used pretty extensively on multiple automotive car boards to host pictures. I just got them to add mazda3forums.com as an "authorized" site to post pictures from.

For free they will give you 25Mb of space to host pictures to display on any of their authorized sites (there are a lot).

For more information and to sign up go to http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/

Hope you find this useful.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with the site, I just saw a need as people have been having problems posting pictures to the forum because of a lack of hosting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If:

1) You have broadband

2) You leave your machine on all the time

You can likely host pictures right off of your machine. If you have Win2KPro or WinXPPro, you can simply set up IIS on your machine. You can also obtain any of the free web servers which are available from sites like www.tucows.com, www.snapfiles.com, www.analogx.com and set your machine up as a web server.

·
Registered
11 Posts
raitchison said:
Most people with broadband don't have a Static IP address, making hosting more difficult. You would need to use a dynamic DNS service.
Yah, but the IP's are relatively stable. When I was on Comcast, I had my IP for like 8 months.

I've been on Cablevision for the last 3 months and my IP has not changed yet.

For purposes of hosting some images from car show or whatever, home machines with broadband are perfectly capable. I should put together a how to one of these days...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just a note about the above site -

They only host jpeg format, not gif. Note my not animated "waving" Husky flag in my avatar. But hey, it's free, so I can't complain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts