Mazda3 Forums banner

You know you want a 3. Which version would you buy?

• Make mine a sedan.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I gotta have the hatch!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far it looks like Mazda's product mix plans are good - I read that they were planning on selling 70% sedans and 30% hatches in the US.

In Europe it's probably reversed.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
im going for the sedan, i dont know the hatch is nice, but just not my style at the moment =)...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, there's goes the 70/30 product mix thing. I thought more people would be interested in the hatch, this being an enthusiast (ie not typical consumer) forum. Ever since the P5 came out I've been fascinated with hatchbacks. Something about being able to stick a 27" TV in your cargo hold appeals to me. Maybe I'm just a nonconformist.

·
Registered
138 Posts
4 door sedan all the way !!! it is so much easier/lighter to open up the boot and basically it will not post any danger just in case the gas spring fails.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sedan. Although I may lean toward the hatch. I'm gonna have to see them in person.

·
Registered
114 Posts
4 Door for me. I just like the looks of it better.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The sedan is much nicer looking than I expected it to be.

But I still strongly perfer the hatch for the utility. I have a small 4-dr sedan now and there must have been 100 times when I wished I had a hatch over the past 5 years.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hatches frequently don't sell well in the USA. Lexus dropped their IS300 hatch. Toyota dropped their Corolla hatch years ago. Some makers never bother to import their hatches to the US.

But there seem to be a lot of Ford Focus hatches around.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Bombadil said:
Toyota dropped their Corolla hatch years ago.
They should have kept those. Those were the coolest cars around.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Bombadil said:
Hatches frequently don't sell well in the USA. Lexus dropped their IS300 hatch. Toyota dropped their Corolla hatch years ago. Some makers never bother to import their hatches to the US.

But there seem to be a lot of Ford Focus hatches around.
They're coming back though: look at the Matrix (Corolla hatch), Vibe, Aveo, Focus ZX3, Protege5, 3 Sport, Aerio, and Mercedes, and BMW have hatches.

The next big thing it looks like is sport wagons. The 6 is getting one and Dodge is going to sell the Magnum as a station wagon (I believe that was the model name).

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I think up here in Canada wagons are beginning to catch on.
If the poll was taken where I live, the vote would probably be 50/50.
Although people still like their sedans ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.