Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
Im new here. I currently own a Civic SI and am looking for a new car. I have a 2006 Mazda 3, GT Sport, Hatchback that I have found that is a leftover on a local lot. I love the car. Drives great, handles nice, lots of horsepower and looks real pretty too. What im wondering is.... What do you think is a good price for this car? They are trying to sell me with low interest rates while only giving it to me for $700 less than an '07. I think I should beable to get this car for $21500 canadian. Is this reasonable? Also for those of you who own a 3hatch or know about them how are they for reliability. Do they have any know issues or mechanical problems that may pop up down the road(ie. excessive tire or break wear, exhaust issues etc)? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks All, I look forward to hearing from you.
Nicole

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re: Found a '06 3GT sport leftover. Whats a good price and how are they for serv

Nicole,

Use the search feature or scan over all the threads on this forum. Most of the reliability issues/problems can be found under the "general" thread.

As far as the buying experience is concerned, here in the states you can use www.edmunds.com or consumerreports.org to get an idea on what the dealer paid for the car and what you could expect to pay for the car yourself. Remember, don't fall for the car! Act you have other options. When a dealer finds out, they got you!

Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Re: Found a '06 3GT sport leftover. Whats a good price and how are they for serv

$21500 as a final cash price?

Hrm, I don't know... why don't you use autotrader.ca and look at the average price of cars the same year.

I paid roughly $28500 final cash price for my 2006 Sport GT, I got the moonroof option but thats about it I think.

Its a good car, no complaints thus far. I've put in 32000km on mine in a year. It would have been nice to get side airbags here in Canada though, the 07's got them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
[quote author=JustNic link=topic=70639.msg1237209#msg1237209 date=1172616168]
Hey everyone.
Im new here. I currently own a Civic SI and am looking for a new car. I have a 2006 Mazda 3, GT Sport, Hatchback that I have found that is a leftover on a local lot. I love the car. Drives great, handles nice, lots of horsepower and looks real pretty too. What im wondering is.... What do you think is a good price for this car? They are trying to sell me with low interest rates while only giving it to me for $700 less than an '07. I think I should beable to get this car for $21500 canadian. Is this reasonable? Also for those of you who own a 3hatch or know about them how are they for reliability. Do they have any know issues or mechanical problems that may pop up down the road(ie. excessive tire or break wear, exhaust issues etc)? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks All, I look forward to hearing from you.
Nicole

[/quote]

I adore my 3, and it has been reliable. But from what I see above, it looks like maybe the car you're considering does not come with side air bags? I would not buy a 3 without them, since its side impact scores without them are not very good.

·
Registered
907 Posts
2007s are heavier by a 100 lbs..if you give a crap... not sure about the price... canadian members may want to help you there...

I have 16k miles on my 2006... not a problem yet...knockwood...

the car is reliable... as long as you take good care of it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts