Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=dmention7 link=topic=68814.msg1190333#msg1190333 date=1170796154]
[off topic]

Is it just me, or does the fusion club logo look somewhat anti-ford?

[/off topic]
[/quote]

Haha, you're not the first one to say that. We've accepted a bunch of alternative designs a while back, but none really had the polish of that one. Eventually, we'll have to replace it though.

OK, back on topic ;)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=68814.msg1190413#msg1190413 date=1170797963]
[quote author=dmention7 link=topic=68814.msg1190333#msg1190333 date=1170796154]
[off topic]

Is it just me, or does the fusion club logo look somewhat anti-ford?

[/off topic]
[/quote]

Haha, you're not the first one to say that. We've accepted a bunch of alternative designs a while back, but none really had the polish of that one. Eventually, we'll have to replace it though.

OK, back on topic ;)
[/quote]

I agree, lets replace it! (sorry, off topic again)

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Big mistake IMO. The taurus was junk compared to the same level car in a Chevy or a Dodge and I even prefer Ford products.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
IMO, foolish idea. The Fusion is closer to being the Taurus than the Fivehundred.

I actually like the Fivehundred name. It sort of goes with the European naming of cars, if you say it out loud. Styling is meh, but look who it is aimed at. There is a guy down the street that has one. Big ol' 20's on it. It is done up nice though.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I liked the Taurus a lot... my father had them (Sables, actually) for a decade (and now has a Milan)... but its time is over. And as was said, the 500 isn't REALLY in the Taurus's class... it's considerably larger.

·
Registered
73 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=68814.msg1191054#msg1191054 date=1170812012]
I liked the Taurus a lot... my father had them (Sables, actually) for a decade (and now has a Milan)... but its time is over. And as was said, the 500 isn't REALLY in the Taurus's class... it's considerably larger.
[/quote]
I had a Taurus before I bought my 3i. Not a bad car at all, did decent enough on gas mileage. Engine was bulletproof. Too bad the transmission wasn't..... :Owned:

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
My dad just got rid of a 2000 Taurus that had over 600k on the odometer, not one problem with it. That thing was a beast.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
changing the name of the 500 isn't going to solve the issue of it not selling well.

·
Registered
645 Posts

It looks like a giant fusion.

G

·
I had a 1994 Ford Taurus as my first car before I got my '3, and I actually miss some of its features - especially the extendable second sun visor (it was a plastic visor behind the regular visor, but you can have 180 degree protection from the sun).

I'm still pissed that Ford "killed" the taurus last year though.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I think if they change the name it will increase sales somewhat. But not enough to save ford agian or the car.

But alot of people purhcase cars because of the name....it may attractive more of the older crowd.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I can't help but feel that Ford has tainted the Taurus name by neglecting it previously

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
yeah i see what you mean....but its in ford's history....can we say probe/mustang

1 - 18 of 18 Posts