Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford (a little behind the times) has released the concept for their answer to the Chrysler 300. It's what many have called the four-door Mustang:
:arrow: http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/12/31/ford-interceptor-concept/

Very similar to the 300, in my opinion, and by the time this bad boy hits production I bet Chrysler will be on to bigger and better things. The 300 was cool when it was first released but now they're everywhere. I have a feeling the Interceptor will not be helping Ford find a profit again.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
lol jeezus, the copied it almost exactly, and we all know it wont look like that at production. plus by then like u said jim. DC will already either have a sporty new facelift or a redesign by the time this comes out, if and when it does.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Damn, Ford is not treading water very well.. they are about to sink. They have to come up with some good vehicles fast, otherwise they aren't going to be in business much longer.
How about producing some nice looking, economic, fuel efficient vehicles. That might help! People are sick of gas guzzlers (which this car would be I'm sure).

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're probably hoping to get the police business again - with the huge V8 they're pairing with it, and a <gasp> SOLID rear axle, it's going to be a balls-to-the-wall fast, but cheap car.

And that's a very good point, Curt, that it won't even look like that in production. They'll probably get scared again and water down the aggressive design and it'll look like the Crown Vic! :lol:

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
[quote author=Maverick9110E link=topic=65827.msg1128067#msg1128067 date=1167671755]
lol jeezus, the copied it almost exactly, and we all know it wont look like that at production. plus by then like u said jim. DC will already either have a sporty new facelift or a redesign by the time this comes out, if and when it does.
[/quote]

+1 if it didnt know it was ford already, i would of guessed that it was the new model for the 300.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts