Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
WOOOOOO!!!!

Joy!

I was just off to bed. I can't go and do a thing like that now.

Seems to me like the i is a pretty pointless car if you want ABS. If you get ABS you have to get AC, and the Power Package, and you're already at the starting price of the S. Same boat with the moon roof.

Nav is 1700...

eh, just look at it all yourselves... here're the direct links.

Pricing

Specs

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Now all we need is the release date, though it should most likely be December for sure, right? :shock:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just priced my 3s and it's $22015.

$16896 Base
$800 ABS
$890 Moonroof
$490 Sport Pkg
$700 Xenon
$590 Leather
$1750 Nav

I might do away with leather so I can get the two-tone seats. Plus I might not get the Nav b/c I don't think I'd ever use it. So I'm looking at under $20K. :-D

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm a little surprised, possibly miffed, that we are stuck with certain sport cloth seats for certain exterior paint colors. You do not have much choice between red or blue sport seats if you want a certain paint color. I'm planning on Titanium Grey, and only the red sport seats are available. Not so sure (because I haven't seen them yet) but I was favoring blue. Leather is only $600 but nonetheless, the available variations are somewhat limited ... not a whole lot of mixing and matching you can do. But then again, this is common in America. :?

·
Registered
70 Posts
um..from your base price, i'm assuming you're looking to get the 5-door hatch, which only comes in s model. that means there's no need for the sport pkg, as the hatch comes standard with the 17" alloys and side sill extensions, so you can knock $490 off that price.

i just finished printing out the 12 pages of specs (quicker personal access to the info), and i must say that i am very impressed. just too many things to try to discuss...so i won't even bring them up. i'm sure in the next couple days though..there will be many discussions started as far as the now U.S. confirmed specs go.

·
Registered
984 Posts
jay said:
um..from your base price, i'm assuming you're looking to get the 5-door hatch, which only comes in s model. that means there's no need for the sport pkg, as the hatch comes standard with the 17" alloys and side sill extensions, so you can knock $490 off that price.

i just finished printing out the 12 pages of specs (quicker personal access to the info), and i must say that i am very impressed. just too many things to try to discuss...so i won't even bring them up. i'm sure in the next couple days though..there will be many discussions started as far as the now U.S. confirmed specs go.
Not the 5-door. I was pricing the sedan. Did I look at the wrong one?

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes. the 4-door sedan s starts at 16,405...basically the price of the hatch minus the sport package. either way, you're looking at taking off $490 from the price you added up.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
There's also the $520 destination fee in uber small print on the pricing sheet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
anamnesis said:
I'm a little surprised, possibly miffed, that we are stuck with certain sport cloth seats for certain exterior paint colors. You do not have much choice between red or blue sport seats if you want a certain paint color. I'm planning on Titanium Grey, and only the red sport seats are available. Not so sure (because I haven't seen them yet) but I was favoring blue.
With some colors (silver, gray and black) I can totally understand. The other colors either reflect or contrast the exterior. And it looks like Japan is pretty much in the same boat with their SP23 models... it's gotta be a cost reduction issue. And I do think the blue two-tone looks better than the red, at least in photos. But they're going for a sort of black and red (orange?) theme for the dash, so at least that matches.

And it's still better than the current ES/P5 cloth, which is off-black only.

·
Registered
70 Posts
it really isn't too illogical for mazda to remove a color option for specific colors as it saves on costs. with titanium, the red matches better imo, as it does mix better with the interior lighting and overall appearance. keep in mind that you can always just get plain black seats standard, without having to go to the leather option.

·
Registered
65 Posts
jay said:
it really isn't too illogical for mazda to remove a color option for specific colors as it saves on costs. with titanium, the red matches better imo, as it does mix better with the interior lighting and overall appearance. keep in mind that you can always just get plain black seats standard, without having to go to the leather option.
That's only true if you get the 3i. The 3s has two-tone seats standard.

3i = Black/graphite or Beige
3s = Black/red or Black/blue or Black leather

·
Registered
70 Posts
ah yes, thanks for the correction. the chart is a bit misleading. in any case, the red still matches better, and the leather option is there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
jay said:
ah yes, thanks for the correction. the chart is a bit misleading. in any case, the red still matches better, and the leather option is there.
Yeah, the first row on the chart is interior trim, not seat fabric. I saw an earlier spec sheet that said "Mazda3_i black/beige or black". I never saw a picture with black&beige seats, so I figured they meant black dash, beige doors and seats.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
What's even more interesting is that certain trims can't get certain colors. Since no other blocks are filled in for the greens, do that me the 4s and 5s can't be green?

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with these options and prices.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
What's even more interesting is that certain trims can't get certain colors. Since no other blocks are filled in for the greens, do that me the 4s and 5s can't be green?
My guess is that the beige and greens are not sufficiently "sporty" shades. Probably a hunter green and a pale light green. I personally wouldn't get a 3s in such an ordinary color. Leave the boring stuff to the competition.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Here's a question:

What does the 4door s look like without the side sill extensions? Has anyone seen any pictures?

Also, it seems to me like this isn't the final options list. Where are all those wind deflectors and mud guards and the like?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I meant on the price list, none of those options are listed.

Does anyone know what an "answer back" feature is, in terms of the "Remote keyless illuminated entry system with 'answer back' feature"?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts