Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I have an 07' MS3 GT with the Bose system, my aux connection to my ipod is all of sudden not operating right. When connected to the system aux and plugged into the ipod there is a loss of sound quality. When I take the connector out slightly it comes back???? Plug it all the way in (to ipod) loss of sound, still there but bad quality. Trouble shot the cable it's fine, checked the ipod with head phones and to another system, it's fine. So there's something shorting out the aux in the car somewhere... Help.

Update: noticed when connected to the power source in the center console it sounds fine...WTF.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
O.K. here's what I think happened. I recently installed my vent pod boost gauge and used the cigarette lighter location, below the dash to tap into instead of going to the fuse block directly. I knew that it was a switched circuit and a bit easier to get access than removing the upper glove box assembly. That's probably on the same circuit as the power plug in the center console location, that would explain the 15v fuse in that location on the fuse block, (#43.) With the boost gauge/ipod connected at the same time it's drawing more power than the circuit can handle, I think? That explains why when I plug the power connector in to the ipod it sounds fine, I may have to find a new source on the fuse block for a switched circuit for the gauge so I can run the ipod with or without the power source... DAMN nothing is easy, haha :eek:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, after more trial and error it's still not working... it's not the boost gauge drawing power that's the issue. I disconnected the splice and still big loss in power/sound level when not using the plugged power source. WTF... It almost sounds like one channel is playing and the other is very faint. It was working fine and now it's just a mystery as to what's causing this. Checked all the connections and everything seems O.K. no air gaps. I also tried hooking up a ground loop adapter to get rid of the hum when using the cig charger power cable, and very low level too. Right now the only way I can listen to the ipod is when connected to the charger power plug, with some ground hum... :loco: HELP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts