·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, lol :lol:

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
ok i just talked to some guy at twminduction and he said that it's strictly for a drag car which i knew and said that it does NOT have provisions for the etb. he also said that they should/might have one available for the mzr later this year. he said there are 3 or 4 mz3 drag cars running these hand built manifolds which use porsche 9800 trumpets and feature 8 injectors. real nice guy to talk to and he was suprised to hear from a "regular" 3 owner interested in his product to which i stated, "haha, too rich for my blood".

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'd buy it if it had 4 injectors and I could run a wire driven tb set-up. Those trumpets are an awesome design for hp, but they probably need to be lenghtened by about 4"-6" to help keep torque at an appropriate level for the street.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
so you'd spend $4500 to buy it and then spend more money to mod it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
no, I wouldn't spend $4500 for it and mod it. I'd buy one if they made it the way I said previouly and cam down in price, big time. But for a set-up like that with the injectors and fuel rail mounted already I'd pay like $1500 for it or so...

·
Registered
626 Posts
set-ups like that one would probably not be good for 150whp, it'd be less than that. If you could build one with only 4 injectors and cut down the cost of production it would be a very good product, it might produce a good little performance jump for you.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Looks cool though. I am to poor and would rather have somthing w/a filter on it. Not meaning to jack but is marcy ever going to finish?

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Your not going to make big power with this without alot ALOT of other high dollar parts to go with it.

It has the look cool factor but wont win you points for making the most power for the dollar!

·
Registered
913 Posts
^true

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
no, it's not the same.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i'm looking elsewhere already, but if someone reads this please help!

the manifold is done on my car, but before he can move fwd with the 3 we need to confirm the TB. i need a good pic of where the TB meets the manifold. i'm looking to see if there is a diamond shaped metal plate on the TB where the idle air control is. i think we use the same TB, but i don't want him to start and then he's F'd.

i have a pic of mine if someone wants to talk to me on AIM today as well to confirm.

....bit of mspaint skillz here. you have have this piece on your setups? both 2.0 and 2.3 reply would be great

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
im almost certain that piece is not there. i'll go walk out now and check.

there is a cutout in the same shape but the piece is not there.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts