Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this in the trunk, no clue what's it for! Looks as if it's the driver side mat hook, the curve matches... Any idea?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Definitely it! I just cleaned the car and noticed the same thing and installed it.h

·
Registered
882 Posts
Where did you guys find it? I was a little disappointed when I didn't see one installed even though the floor mats had the hole for it. I pulled them right out mind you but in the spring it'd be nice to put them in properly.

·
Registered
314 Posts
cowtown said:
Where did you guys find it? I was a little disappointed when I didn't see one installed even though the floor mats had the hole for it. I pulled them right out mind you but in the spring it'd be nice to put them in properly.
Mine was with the license plate holder for the front of the car. In Quebec, we don't need front license plates, so that other one is basically useless.

·
Registered
744 Posts
bobmtb said:
cowtown said:
Mine was with the license plate holder for the front of the car. In Quebec, we don't need front license plates, so that other one is basically useless.
Same in Indiana.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Heh we don't need front plates here in Alberta either. I have the holder still in the bag in my Garage, I'll have to take a look inside of the bag when I get home, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I wish I could get rid of my front plate. Dealer's said they would get fined if their car was pulled over and the front plate wasn't dealer installed. Now if I take it off I got holes in my bumper. A fine addition to the new rock chips that have developed. (Can 3m still be applied if there's some cosmetic damage already?)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found mine in the trunk; since the trunk mat is black and the hook is also black, you may have a hard time find it...

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Cowtown: They didn't install your mat hook for you?

I think you can still install 3M even with rock chips.. but then you wont be able to paint over it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nope but my overall car delivery was pretty much buggered up completely by the sales people (reflected on my survey). I dealt with my third salesguy when I picked up the car so he wasn't all that interested in actually doing anything properly and apparently the guys who prep the cars just didn't think the hook was important. Like I said it's not a huge deal, I just had assumed they didn't come with but I had planned on buying one later on since I saw the holes there for them. I just wish you could get a passenger side mat with the hole in it so you can keep that one in place. People always push the mats up and get their feet on the carpet. In fact the rear seats need them the most.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I know what you mean.. haha that's why there's an EXTRA BIG all weather mat for my passenger side. so that there is no room to slip.

hmmm got my block heater installed.. they washed my car. and now i see some scratches on my rear bumper... :'(

·
Registered
882 Posts
Heh, always tough seeing your first scratches. I sympathize, I have a nice gash on my front fender I'll have to have looked at by someone with the skillz.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
it's not just scratches... it's like nasty paint scaping on the rear bumper on the side...... grr.. welp at lease it's out of the way.. haha scratches gives characters right? =\

·
Registered
882 Posts
I had some weird black spots on my rear bumper with my Pro5 a few months after I got it. It really looked like the paint itself was gone and the black bumper was showing through, no amount of rubbing or scratching was getting it off there so I figured that was the case. A year later I noticed it had gotten smaller and with a good rub it finally all came off. Must have been really good road tar that stuck on there. Not saying that's your case but it's weird how these things come and go and happen.

When's the last time you washed it?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The dealer washed it for me today when I got my block heater installed. They also fix the door rattling noise.

but yea.. it's pretty deep and it's a scratch.. no road tar here .. oh well.. I guess it's alrite.. it hurts, but it doesn't effect the performence.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Just took a look no mat hook for me. Guess I'll be bringing this up on Monday when I'm at the dealer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts