Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone got the foglight (i aka GX/GS) installation guide? The foglight housing installation should be simple, the only thing I want to know about is the dash swtich, is it pre-wired?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The foglight switch is part of the light switch stack on the steering column, I talked to the parts guy and he said we need to take apart the steering housing and replace the switching stack. Anyone has the installation guide so we can see how big the job is?

·
Registered
82 Posts
im having the same problem, have a gs and bought sij fog's with a switch , not sure how to install it yet so i just left it, going to give it to my mechanic friend in a few weeks and see if he knows how

·
Registered
523 Posts
I bought the OEM foglights but haven't had the time to install them yet.
I've read that some have been able to install them without taking off the bumper or oven jacking the car up?
How do you do that?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=19719.0
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=3875

Perhaps those will help some.[quote author=PhilGood link=topic=1458.msg79212#msg79212 date=1084208507]
The foglight switch is part of the light switch stack on the steering column, I talked to the parts guy and he said we need to take apart the steering housing and replace the switching stack. Anyone has the installation guide so we can see how big the job is?
[/quote]

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=26798.0 look at step 11. First pull off that rubber cover. There are two screws underneath the steering column, remove these. There are a bunch of little plastic tabs that hold the top and bottom pieces of the steering column cover together. Just push on these with a screw driver and pull off the top part. The bottom part doesn't really go anywhere unless you remove the plastic panel below it (steps 1-6 of the above walkthrough) but that shouldn't be a problem. There are two screws holding in the turn-signal stalk, take these out and remove the wiring harness (you might have to do that after removing it, just depends on if you can reach the plug). You should be able to slide out the module by just pulling down on the column housing just enough to clear it. Slide in the new housing and plug it in, Voila!

[quote author=Sam0m0 link=topic=1458.msg79288#msg79288 date=1084221696]
im having the same problem, have a gs and bought sij fog's with a switch , not sure how to install it yet so i just left it, going to give it to my mechanic friend in a few weeks and see if he knows how
[/quote]

If you bought the OEM fogs then you should just have to replace the turn-signal stalk, and plug in the lights to the existing wiring. The first link in this post is for a guy that bought an aftermarket one who's switch replaced one of the blanks to the left of the steering wheel.

What bulb does it use?
fogs are H11

[quote author=eiquilla link=topic=1458.msg486055#msg486055 date=1132631374]
I bought the OEM foglights but haven't had the time to install them yet.
I've read that some have been able to install them without taking off the bumper or oven jacking the car up?
How do you do that?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
[/quote]

I doubt people were able to do this and not remove the bumper or jack the car up. You're going to have to do one or the other. As long as you have enough room to pull the plastic shields off the bottom and get underneath to remove the plug in the bumper/install the fogs and plug them in then no, you won't need to pull the bumper. I just don't see how you'll be able to do all that, let alone see, without pulling the bumper or lifting the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts