Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I've seen projector fog lights.. retrofitted from an RDX i think.. does anyone know where i can get some ? my passenger side fog housing rusted, because some water got in there.. so im just looking for other solution, instead of paying for new housing..
Please let me know..
thanks guys

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone ? please guys help me out ...

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone please... ??

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I have Hella 90mm projectors (with HID) in my fog light location. They fit pretty nicely but it took some time to rig up mounts using the stock screw locations on the black portion of the housing.

I wonder if the OE projector fogs in alot of new Ford vehicles would work (I've seen them on the Fusion, Edge, Flex...).

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so it was a pretty straight forward install right ? or u had to redrill the mounting points on the stock plasinc housing ?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
It was as straightforward as spending a full day on it! I bought the projector modules and an H9 HID kit. Took some scrap metal, drilled holes, and made brackets measured to fit. Couldn't tell you any exact specs. Used the stock plastic housing mounting points. Let me put it this way, I won't ever do that again!

Bought the 90mm modules from here:
http://www.rallylights.com/Hella%20Headlamp%20Modules.aspx

Just noticed they have 60mm ones that might fit better, and look exactly like the Ford ones I mentioned above.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those dimensions look like they would fit a lot better.. plus i have 9005 hid kit sitting around :) i just have to check whether the screw mounting is going to be a good alignment..
also is there anything to use to protect actual projector lens from rock chips ? or not really ?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
They have a very thick glass, especially Hella projectors. I wouldn't worry about them cracking like most tempered glass lights. You could always put some clear film over them (rockblocker).

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok sounds good... ill c if i can take some measurements this weekend.. hopefully...
so u said that 90mm was a big PITA to make it work :) ill measure everything for 60mm... should be way more then i would need for foglights anyways :)

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Good luck! The projectors do look nice, especially when you see 4 of them looking at you.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i already have 55w 6k hid kit for low beam.. and i want a better cut off.. plus i gotta switch out my angel eye ring.. so i might just get evo8 projectors.. since they are almost a direct swap :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts