Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ive done a search but have not come up with much.

Whats this I hear about fitment issues with FMIC's on GT's. What is the diffrence between a GT and Sport in regards to FMIC installation?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
[quote author=Cheveyboy link=topic=139997.msg3017532#msg3017532 date=1238028090]Whats this I hear [/quote]

If you heard about it post where.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont recall where I read it. It was just made in passing with no details. I frequent to many car forums, sorry man.

So I take it you havent heard of this either.

What I'm trying to do is dispel this as just "forum verbal vomit" or if this is somthing I am truly not aware of.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
no idea what you are talking about. People on internets are dumb and will say anything to make themselves not look dumb. ANY FMIC will fit like shit if it isnt installed properly, period.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Some FMIC out there will hit the OEM HID ballast that GT comes standard. Which therefore causes fitment issues. This is what you are probably talking about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ryukensfj, thats the only thing that I could think of that would be diffrent from a GT to a Sport, atleast around the radiator support and front bumper.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think the issue was the pipe running to the FMIC having contact with the motor for the HID bulb on the passenger side.

·
Registered
303 Posts
exhaust depot was the big one. i heard horror stories of it breaking parts of the hid. its the leveler motor that gets in the way. the exhaust depot comes with a long piece of silicone for where the hid is to lessen damage. some people have had fitment issues but aaronc7 has the original before the silicone and it fits. but as for cobb and cp-e those arent the problem. cant speak for anything else. dont own either of so but have seen em in person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts