Are you getting a flu shot this year?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I got my flu shot today I got really hungry, like I hadn't eaten in days. I was like that all day too... mostly craving protein. Anyone else experience this before?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Never had that problem. I got my shot in early October. Wifey's pregnant so I figured I'd get it out of the way early just in case flu season got off to a strong start.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
You left out the: Never in my life would I ever--option. :shock: lol

Ive gone 23 years without it, and honestly, I hardly ever get sick.. everyone i know who has gotten them in the past, and still do, ALWAYS get sick! EVERY year.. Just has never added up to me. And that whole swine flu epidemic just made me even more confident on how much of a bullshit market this flu shot is. I would never inject my kids with that poison.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Ckenaan link=topic=182488.msg3862808#msg3862808 date=1290088703]

Ive gone 22 years without it, and honestly, I hardly ever get sick.. everyone i know who has gotten them in the past, and still do, ALWAYS get sick! EVERY year.. Just has never added up to me. And that whole swine flu epidemic just made me even more confident on how much of a bullshit market this flu shot is. I would never inject my kids with that poison.
[/quote]

What's that? I couldn't hear you through your tin foil hat. :lol:

First, the flu shot/herd immunity is proven science. Second, it doesn't make anyone sick as it's a dead virus vaccination. And yes, you can still get sick during flu season even if you get the shot. You know, it only protects you against a few strains. Third, poison? LOL

The influenzas that have killed millions in the past target those with strong immune systems. So just because you don't get sick often, doesn't mean that you shouldn't build up antibodies for as many strains of the virus as you can. If a novel strain pops up that's as virulent as H1N1 and is actually deadly, you'll wish that you didn't let this nonsense you're spewing keep you from getting your annual flu shot. :lol:

If you don't want to get the flu shot, no big deal. Just stop aiding the spread of misinformation.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=182488.msg3862813#msg3862813 date=1290088995]
[quote author=Ckenaan link=topic=182488.msg3862808#msg3862808 date=1290088703]

Ive gone 22 years without it, and honestly, I hardly ever get sick.. everyone i know who has gotten them in the past, and still do, ALWAYS get sick! EVERY year.. Just has never added up to me. And that whole swine flu epidemic just made me even more confident on how much of a bullshit market this flu shot is. I would never inject my kids with that poison.
[/quote]

What's that? I couldn't hear you through your tin foil hat. :lol:

First, the flu shot/herd immunity is proven science. Second, it doesn't make anyone sick as it's a dead virus vaccination. And yes, you can still get sick during flu season even if you get the shot. You know, it only protects you against a few strains. Third, poison? LOL

The influenzas that have killed millions in the past target those with strong immune systems. So just because you don't get sick often, doesn't mean that you shouldn't build up antibodies for as many strains of the virus as you can. If a novel strain pops up that's as virulent as H1N1 and is actually deadly, you'll wish that you didn't let this nonsense you're spewing keep you from getting your annual flu shot. :lol:

If you don't want to get the flu shot, no big deal. Just stop aiding the spread of misinformation.
[/quote]

I be he thinks it causes autism too.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Im not looking to argue but just stating that I'll never take an injection that my government tells me to. The gov should have 0 involvement in healthcare, simple as that. Call me a conspiracy theorist or even paranoid. I have absolutely no trust that our government does anything "for the people" or to better the people as whole. Their only out to make an extra dollar..like everyone else, their just businessmen.

Ive seen numerous accounts of permanent nerve damage, fevers, muscle degeneration, all of which was caused by these types of immunizations.. It happens. And saying it doesnt is just being close-minded.

And wherever you get your research from, which Im guessing is completely government funded websites.. is always open for debate, is is the other side of the argument. I always look into things with an open mind and research both sides of the argument before speaking. I did say posion, but IMO IT IS! Its definitely a foreign substance that doesnt belong being injected into my bloodstream..dead virus or not.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Ckenaan link=topic=182488.msg3862841#msg3862841 date=1290090414]
Im not looking to argue but just stating that I'll never take an injection that my government tells me to. The gov should have 0 involvement in healthcare, simple as that. Call me a conspiracy theorist or even paranoid. I have absolutely no trust that our government does anything "for the people" or to better the people as whole. Their only out to make an extra dollar..like everyone else, their just businessmen.
[/quote]

LOL, who said anything about listening to the government? How about medical professionals? Find me one reputable epidemiologist that buys into your paranoia. I won't hold my breath.

Ive seen numerous accounts of permanent nerve damage, fevers, muscle degeneration, all of which was caused by these types of immunizations.. It happens. And saying it doesnt is just being close-minded.
[/quote]

Such things do happen, but they're extremely rare. People can have adverse reactions to any medical practice, medication, etc. Doesn't mean that they aren't useful on the whole.

And wherever you get your research from, which Im guessing is completely government funded websites..
[/quote]

Are you serious? First, I'm married to one of the top epidemiologists in North Texas. What would she know, after all? We're not a festering test case for the validity of vaccination campaigns down here near the border or anything. Again, you don't have to listen to the government. Using the fact that the government recommends it as a reason to fear it is lunacy.

I did say posion, but IMO IT IS! Its definitely a foreign substance that doesnt belong being injected into my bloodstream..dead virus or not.
[/quote]

See, it's this exact mindset that you share with so many parents which has lead to record levels of pertussis and MMR illness and deaths over the past couple of years. People buy into crackpot theories about vaccinations and leave their children at risk. Don't want to hear about it from the government? Fine. There are a million other unrelated sources which will provide you with sane guidance.

Being afraid of needles is a more valid argument, LOL.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
hahahaha.

This is awesome. I love when people jump on the celebrity supported arguments. Because they know more about medicine than doctors?

Celebrities support causes for one reason, their own personal gain. Do not forget that.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I didnt want to use this as a case of reference.. but a friend of mine had a flu shot and was honestly never the same afterwards. He got sick shortly after and about a week goes by getting a lot of sleep and rest. I seen him about 1.5 weeks post injection and he just wasnt himself, even his parents were more than concerned. After going to the doctor on numerous occasions, he was diagnosed with mild ADHD. Still to this day It is noticeable that it is hard for him to even keep a consistent conversation without being sidetracked or just having his mind wonder about other things. His parents were always health freaks so hes always eaten healthy, no pop, and just always had a well balanced diet. But randomly after his injection he is a completely different person. I know this means nothing to you, but seeing the outcome first hand and finding out that he is NOT the only case where this has happened has led me to my standing on this topic.

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=182488.msg3862888#msg3862888 date=1290093669]
[quote author=Ckenaan link=topic=182488.msg3862877#msg3862877 date=1290093199]
My entire post just crapped out and im honestly not retyping it all, if i even could.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/08/04/Squalene-The-Swine-Flu-Vaccines-Dirty-Little-Secret-Exposed.aspx

But all i really have to say is Jenny McCarthy.. :wink:

/thread
[/quote]

Wait, you're using a hollistic medicine website as your argument? Really?
[/quote]

See how easily you disregard the information provided by a source other than your own?

·
Registered
40,015 Posts
No, I've never gotten a flu shot, I'm not putting that poison into my body.

I also don't remember the last time I took even OTC drugs. Probably the reason I never get sick.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
[quote author=siscim23 link=topic=182488.msg3862904#msg3862904 date=1290094666]
No, I've never gotten a flu shot, I'm not putting that poison into my body.

I also don't remember the last time I took even OTC drugs. Probably the reason I never get sick.
[/quote]

:lmao: Im not the only one. :shock:

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
i've never bothered with a flu shot.
i go to the doctor if there is a bone sticking out of my skin, but that's about it.

having said that, immunization for polio etc. is obviously of benefit.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Ckenaan link=topic=182488.msg3862903#msg3862903 date=1290094560]
I didnt want to use this as a case of reference.. but a friend of mine had a flu shot and was honestly never the same afterwards. He got sick shortly after and about a week goes by getting a lot of sleep and rest. I seen him about 1.5 weeks post injection and he just wasnt himself, even his parents were more than concerned. After going to the doctor on numerous occasions, he was diagnosed with mild ADHD. Still to this day It is noticeable that it is hard for him to even keep a consistent conversation without being sidetracked or just having his mind wonder about other things. His parents were always health freaks so hes always eaten healthy, no pop, and just always had a well balanced diet. But randomly after his injection he is a completely different person. I know this means nothing to you, but seeing the outcome first hand and finding out that he is NOT the only case where this has happened has led me to my standing on this topic.
[/quote]

That's fine if you feel that way. We're all irrationally paranoid about certain things. However, there is no scientific evidence whatsoever to support it.

See how easily you disregard the information provided by a source other than your own?
[/quote]

I disregard questionable sources, whether they agree with my position or not. A doctor or company pushing holistic medicines for profit is not a reasonable source as they have several possible ulterior motives. Want a good source? How about the volumes that have been written in medical journals by independent physicians and epidemiologists that aren't positioned to profit by selling a bill of goods to end users (not to mention they won't require you to subscribe to a spam email list in order to have access to their articles :lol: ).

If you don't want to get the flu shot, it's not a big deal. What is a big deal is perpetuating unfounded, illogical myths about it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=182488.msg3862910#msg3862910 date=1290095040]
[/quote]

That's fine if you feel that way. We're all irrationally paranoid about certain things. However, there is no scientific evidence whatsoever to support it.

[/quote]

I disregard questionable sources, whether they agree with my position or not. A doctor or company pushing holistic medicines for profit is not a reasonable source as they have several possible ulterior motives. Want a good source? How about the volumes that have been written in medical journals by independent physicians and epidemiologists that aren't positioned to profit by selling a bill of goods to end users (not to mention they won't require you to subscribe to a spam email list in order to have access to their articles :lol: ).

If you don't want to get the flu shot, it's not a big deal. What is a big deal is perpetuating unfounded, illogical myths about it.
[/quote]

^^This... and... given the choice I'll side with proven medical science over the tinfoil hat brigade any day.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=182488.msg3862910#msg3862910 date=1290095040]
[/quote]

I wouldnt go as far as considering it irrational after seeing it first hand without any other explanations. In the elapsed time between injection and diagnosis, the flu shot was the only thing capable of doing such harm, being the fact that he was bed ridden for days following. And of course I cant provide scientific information on this experience. Thats like asking your car dealer for a doctors note. But the fact is, there are cases just like his that do have evidence that all lead back to the injection, but the immunization itself cannot be traced through the body in order to see exactly what the effects are for EITHER of our arguments. They cannot solidly prove the potential positive results nor the negative adverse effects.

The scary thing is, It was talked about that the government wants to make these immunizations mandatory.. HMMM... that doesnt raise a cautionary flag in itself?!

[quote author=casey.weber link=topic=182488.msg3862918#msg3862918 date=1290095850]
I don't get a flu shot. girlfriend on other hand, does. Working in health care field it'd be moranic of her not to get it.
[/quote]
working in the healthcare field, you are mandatory to take the immunizations.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts