Mazda3 Forums banner

Who would be willing to ride in a road rally around the state of Florida?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posed a question a few months back about a "Road Rally" and saw very little intrest then, is there "no one" who would like to all meet up in Tampa and then race to another city ( Daytona, Tallahasse, Naples,) to name a few, and then all involved would either meet up in that city at a designated hotel, BS about the ride there and then race back to TPA? I would think if there was enough interest that mabye a small entrance fee of say 25.00 PD and maybe a sponsor or two could donate a prize or two of car parts to be given away half on the first leg and half after the return leg???? Again if their is atleast 10 to 20 or more drivers into it I could start up a plan and make some kind of tenative schedule for such an event as it would be!!!

Let me know..
Captain Nitro... I'm up for it!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm interested but i'm just waiting on my car to get off that damn boat! Should be here march 26th!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
It would appear that way but no. I found a dealer i like and thats the next CB GT that they are getting in. I have pretty much lived on this forum ever since I first saw the car, its all i can do til i finally get mine!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Right now i'm leasing an 05 saab 9-3 which i really like, but i don't think its going to compare to my MS3!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok Ok I've been thinking about this for way too long. I am now going to set up the Rules And Race sites but I have a question for everyone wanting to join up....question is do we want a 1 day rally? or do we want a 2 or more day rally?

If we go with the one day rally expect the rally to start "really" early in the morning and end at or around 5/6 PM the same day, kinda like a poker run..
I would like it to be fair, and in order to be fair the stsrt/finnish lines will be centrally located, some where in the vicivity of Lakeland Florida, are their any other suggestions? Also to make this a fun race, I'd like to have 3 different classes, 1st STOCK 4 cyl, NA engines, 2nd would be MidMod 4 cyl mildly modified engines (Turbo, Suercharged, "Juiced" N2O) and lastly 3rd class a run what you brung any cylinder and mods as long as it is safe.
Any way we look at it there will need to be a 1/2 day of safety inspection and tuning time. I've got a master mech, that has agreed to "tech" the cars entered for me, and what he says "goes" if you can fix it do it if its not safe, its not going to race. So I cannot accomidate everyone that would be impossible, but this my first Rally Challange will be April 13th 1:00PM "Register/ Tech & Tune Day" until dark, The 14th 6AM Driver / Navigator meeting, check points and everything else will be reviewed at this time, if all goes well we will be fueked and ready to race by 9:00AM I am planning to have a staggered start, at the drivers meeting people will pick out they're start slips at the end of that meeting. For the 1st 25 People entered they will get a T-shirt with paid registration. the proposed time interval for the start is 5 min in between each car, and 30 min. between classes. As the next week progresses more rule and information will be posted... That's what I have so far, what is to be the first of "many" rallies to come we should get better organized and better prepared, I will be asking local and national merchants to help out with sponsorship and money to make this a memorable time for all....in the near futur rules and regs will follow...I am going to start a racer count so we have some idea how many shirts and gift bags to make, plus the trophies!!

Well you will see a post call "Rally Sign up" please sign if you are certain you can run or if you would like to donate money or merchandise for this cause..

Kindest Regards,
Kenny G, aka Captain Nitro

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
What date are you thinking of? It would be awesome if the start or finish was in Lakeland. It's where I live, 8)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
are we doing this as a race or what...i was thinking about it and for such a small thing like this (as fun as it would be) i dont need to be arrested for 150mph on the highway...i plan on running a gumball next year with some guys from the shop down here (all hi-end cars)...i dont know if i'll get to go though :( they might have to take the owner of the shop :( but ya...i dont know bout this one...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK guy's it appears that I am implying that you are "racing" to the end, it's a timed event and I'm telling you to not drive carelessly I'm more or less saying that the better your route from point A to B to C is quicker then the others chose to go or that traffic dictates, not going a buc fifty on the emergency lane. No I'm just saying that you make up time at the stops and by picking the right roads to drive...not everyone will use the main drags, thats were the navigator and driver make time...the pulled this post anyway, I didn't think that was to cool, but I guess it was to much for the management to let it stay posted....only 6 people responded but if you 6 want to play I'm still willing and I guess I'll tell a few driver I know in the area (Clearwater) to see if they want to ride too..sorry that I could not drum up more interest????? I guess no one wants to do alot of driving, I love to drive my 3, and to tell you the truth I drive around 4-8 mph over the suggeted limit most of the time anyway...
Hope we can pull off a fun day trip??
Captain Nitro

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
Man I drive my car almost 2k a month without trying - I love driving my car. :lol: The issue for me is more of when/where/etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well I've never done any kind of road rally but like i said i am interested in doing it! The only thing is i would think we would want to end it somewhere interesting, whats in Lakeland? is there anything there? Maybe someplace like Orlando, or from the gulf to the atlantic, or miami/ft. lauderdale. all depending on how far people would be will to go

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
[quote author=JDCSP33D link=topic=70624.msg1251104#msg1251104 date=1173157677]
Well I've never done any kind of road rally but like i said i am interested in doing it! The only thing is i would think we would want to end it somewhere interesting, whats in Lakeland? is there anything there? Maybe someplace like Orlando, or from the gulf to the atlantic, or miami/ft. lauderdale. all depending on how far people would be will to go
[/quote]

What's in Lakeland? Uh... its in between Tampa and Orlando? :lol: Maybe we could meet up for a dyno day or something! Been thinking about organizing one actually.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=70624.msg1249993#msg1249993 date=1173126847]
are we doing this as a race or what...i was thinking about it and for such a small thing like this (as fun as it would be) i dont need to be arrested for 150mph on the highway...i plan on running a gumball next year with some guys from the shop down here (all hi-end cars)...i dont know if i'll get to go though :( they might have to take the owner of the shop :( but ya...i dont know bout this one...
[/quote]

if u car is still runing.

: / thats already to far for me to go to lakeland
so let see, one way to lakeland, then two way to naples and one more to come back to venice.
way to long.

hope u guys take nice pics.

i had a vote casted on naples so u can take that one out if u want to be accurate with the poll.

G/L

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=70624.msg1251252#msg1251252 date=1173161992]
if my car is running? u make no sense...u realize that me and xenon have practically the same exact setup?
[/quote]

well xenon didnt really had a smooth ride.

i still dont get why u get so worked up.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts