Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone had tryed putting a flip up screen for a dvd, ps2 ect where the nav system would normaly go. i want to do basically the same thing as with the nav system but instead of nav put in a lcd scrren that would fold down into the dash. can i get the that nav panel from mazda without the nav system or does any one make an after market peice? thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats pretty expensive. i was thinking more like just a blank panel that you would flip up manually and i could put my own screen in.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The manual part you are looking for is available for about $250.00 plus shipping, plus the cost of your screen. That is for a non-motorized part. You can see it on http://www.japanparts.com This allow the screen to fold down out of view.

The only inexpensive way to do it is to get the piece that replaces the vent panel with a DIN mount that you can put a stereo into. I don't like it because it just screams "Steal ME!!!!". The front face of the stereo is right there for all to see.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont really want a flip up head unit. i want to keep the stock headunit and put in a lcd screen on the dash that one for 250 is pretty cool but its for a flip up headunit

·
Registered
410 Posts
I will try to find a better pic, the japan part piece is NOT for a flip up head unit. It is designed for you to add your own screen. For the $250.00, you only get the plastic parts (no screen included). Other members have bought that piece and added in a Xenarc 7" touch screen to integrate into a carputer.

The other item I referred to (the bulbous looking single DIN piece) is designed for a flip up head unit. They look completely different.

·
Registered
410 Posts
[quote author=mrcanngo link=topic=69221.msg1204574#msg1204574 date=1171382738]
Is there a better picture of the one on japanparts?

somethiing better than this pic?

[/quote]

Here you go, read all about it!

click here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts