Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happened to boost that 3 not too long ago, and now it happened to mines =( my license plate bulb (which was replaced by an led bulb) started flickering...

any suggestions? or possible fixes? they worked fine before..

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the license plate bulb... but I read about people having problems with them because of the contact in the socket. Even when they double and triple checked it appeared nothing was wrong. In the end i think they had to bend the contact upwards a little to make contact with the bulb. Sorry if this doesn't help, but it's my best guess.

·
Registered
760 Posts
i just had same problem, got leds for license plate and 3 months later it started flickering so since the seller i got them from offered a 6 month warranty i emailed him but he ask if i had a system (subs and amp) so honestly i said yea and he said well they are taking too much power from your car thus leaving the leds short or power and shorting out the circuit, and i said bs but he didnt replace or anything, so i just loved the white so much and got me another pair on ebay but this are the high power leds that is just one big led instead of the little ones (i had the 6 led wedge before) so hopefule this one lasts more than 3 months. Would be nice to find out why they short out though???

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
[quote author=Ar6entino link=topic=137361.msg2963234#msg2963234 date=1235674057]
[quote author=TheBlackBox link=topic=137361.msg2963113#msg2963113 date=1235670444]
i could ask him to do some extras if anyone's interested
[/quote]

i would be interested for led bulbs for the license plate, map lights, and dome lights
[/quote]i think he can do custom ones for those but would take much longer
right now just the LP lights, around 50 leds in each side
he did these for his 350z

he did it to all of his lights(turns, front reflectors, etc)
and fellow zed drivers
he also knows what hes doing(hes been messing with leds since he was 14)
guaranteed not to burn out or flicker

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeah I had the same problem with my license plate LEDs and now my glove box ones are flickering. I e-mailed superbrightleds.com and they said just return them but I just bought new ones. seems like they are not designed well or something. It is really weird because LEDs should never flicker for any reason. I would say its a contact point issue but it still flickers when I hold the bulb in.

I would just assume the circuit design of the bulb is incorrect for our car.

·
Registered
760 Posts
circuit? is more like the shitty cheap-o resistors they put in there, im calling my uncle whos an electritian and asking whats the highest capacity resistor out there and build my own leds, for now ill wait till i get my high power ones from ebay and if they burn i will make my own

1 - 9 of 9 Posts