Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I got it @ Albi, just like you...

The delivery lady was really nice (and cute!).

After 70kms, though, the car is already brownish, because of our fabulous weather.

And I need to find storage space for my 17" mags!

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
fleecy's 3 isn't a virgin anymore as of today.

I was parked at the mall. Some old fart in a puke green Kia Sephia was parked next to me and backed up to leave. He steered really badly and his car touched the driver's side of my rear bumper.

My 3's covered with road dirt and calcium, and I can't get it washed until we get out of this crappy freezing weather (it's -22 C out here right now). I have seen some scratches on the paint where the Kia touched me (on a good 3-5 inches spot).

What's the best way to fix this at a decent price?

· Registered
4,329 Posts
Did you see this happening, or were you not with the car? My heart would skip a beat if I saw it happening to my new car :( I will try to park far away from other cars when I get my MZ3; what is another 100 feet of walking ( hey, it's good exercise). Sorry to hear your baby is damaged.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was still sitting in the car, actually!

I didn't see him do it, I heard it and I felt it!

Very disturbing experience... :(

I have his license plate number, but it's his word against mine so I won't get anything out of that.

· Registered
2,459 Posts
fleecy~

I think this must have something to do with the Winning Blue color. I had mine all of one week, and some jackass rubbed the back of mine. I didn't notice it until I went to the car wash later that day (I get in and out of the hatch all day during the week).

Mine is in the middle, and most of it is a "rub" where the back bumper rolls horizontal to vertical. But there's one in the middle that is an up and down groove - I don't know how to fix that one.

I'm going to get a quote soon - after I get my first payment out of the way.

Let me know if you find a good solution - I will post picks of my sweat and tears on Monday.

Oh... and if I had "ordered" my car, I'd of gotten it in Strato Blue, but WB, Black Mica, or Rally White were my other choices.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
Copied posts from another forum (now closed)

fleecy
Go Kart Driver

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:18 pm Post subject: Cracked windshield
I had the pleasure of finding a new, 8 inches long crack in my 1 month old MZ3 windshield today : driver's side, bottom corner. I parked the car in a heated underground garage for the first time in a while, so I guess a rock hit me a while ago and the crack developed in the heat of the garage.

It's my first car, so I don't really know the way to get this fixed at a low cost. I called my dealer so they could verify that this is not a manufacturing defect. It's not.

Do you guys recommend any good place in Montreal to get this fixed? Should I wait 'till the winter's over?

the_toaster
Bicycle Rider

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:26 pm Post subject:
Sorry to hear that.
Hit a pothole maybe. They're nasty this year with the cold weather.
When I had the same thing happened to my Protege last winter my insurance company recommended a few places. I went with Lebeau.

Last edited by the_toaster on Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Black7
Street Racer

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:30 pm Post subject:
Wouldn't your insurance cover it?? Regardless, any auto glass place can fix you up (Speedy>) - and if you have insurance, I'd report it now.
BTW, might have been vandalism -

bobmtb
Street Racer

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:46 pm Post subject:
But isn't the Mazda3 glass different? I mean there's a light/rain sensor on it? WOuldn't it be better for the dealer to replace it? Or the dealer just contracts it to someone elsE?

SyChO
Street Racer

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:09 pm Post subject:
Nah, they remove the sensor, replace the windshield and then set back the sensor...

My dad's Matrix has the Antena at the top of the windshield and Lebeau did it when his windshield got cracked. No insurance, and its expensive

I think its the same...

Hope everything works out.

fleecy
Go Kart Driver

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:44 pm Post subject:
My brother tells me that Duro / Lebeau probably won't have MZ3 windshields or probably won't be able to install it properly... I don't want to be their guinea pig, so I think I'll stick with my Mazda dealer (Albi).

I'll know how much this will cost tomorrow.

Insurance : I have that. What I don't know is how this claim will affect my insurance premium next year; my dealer says that if I claim it, it probably will count as a second claim if I have to make a first "real" claim during the year, bumping up my insurance cost next year.

Good grief, I have the feeling that this will be an expensive one... My insurance's deductible on this would be $250.

· Registered
2,459 Posts
Yeah, well, my deductible is $500.. :(

All the more reason why I've not gotten my bumper biffed and painted..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.