Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this is the story.
My car has about 8k miles on it and i was doing a late night canyon run about 3 in the morning (dont ask) and i turn on the ac to defog windows. Everything was fine. Normal working ac with no problem. Then my windows were fogging up again so i had to turn on my ac but this time a LOUD buzzing noise came up and was freaking me out so i turned off my ac. Then i tried it again and the loud buzzing noise came back...

so i think this is a definite problem. My ac never made any noise when i turned it on and this was the first time it ever made a louse noise like that.
so what can the problem be?

well i was doing a canyon run so i was working my engine pretty hard.

help please!!

mods: catback exhaust, intake, evotion voltage stabilizer (its like a buddy club)

HERES VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YlFNvus5zoautoplay=1#

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Re: AC LOUD NOISE PROBLEM! HELP!!

Only thing I can think of would be the blower motor located behind your Dash, being that it happens when you turn it on.

You can take off the passengers inside panel at the center console and listen down there, see if the noise gets louder.

Also check the radiator fan in the engine, just another guess.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=139028.msg2996530#msg2996530 date=1237174867]
Only thing I can think of would be the blower motor located behind your Dash, being that it happens when you turn it on.

You can take off the passengers inside panel at the center console and listen down there, see if the noise gets louder.

Also check the radiator fan in the engine, just another guess.
[/quote]

well when looking at the engine from the front of the car, the sound seems to be coming from the left side, being the passenger side so you might be right.
so if i go to the dealership would they fix it under warranty?

·
Registered
7,672 Posts

I dont see why not, if your warranty is good, just go in and play like you have no clue, just tell them you turned on the AC and hear an awful noise.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=139028.msg2996572#msg2996572 date=1237175898]
I dont see why not, if your warranty is good, just go in and play like you have no clue, just tell them you turned on the AC and hear an awful noise.
[/quote]

aiite cool and my mods would have nothing to do with that problem right?
because if it doesnt them i might have to take things off and switch to stock

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=139028.msg2996662#msg2996662 date=1237179594]
Your mods should have no connection to the blower motor and that noise.

Just take it in and see what they say.
[/quote]

okay cool thx

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

okay so i went to the dealership today.
they said if i go through with the inspection they would charge me $49 dollars to see what the exact problem was and maybe under warranty or not.
so i didnt want to go through with it.

but what i did find out was that there was a bent metal piece that was near or under the compressor which may have caused the loud buzzing noise when my ac was turned on, and if it was then it probably would not be under warranty because it was an outside force that caused that bent metal.

and i realized that the noise only happens when my ac is on, meaning that the green light is on, when i push the ac button off the noise goes away.

any suggestion on what i should do?
should i just take it to the dealership and let them fix it?
or should i pay the $49 dollars and see what exactly i need to do and go from there and maybe fix it on my own...

help please! :D

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
[quote author=edween link=topic=139028.msg2997965#msg2997965 date=1237235960]
okay so i went to the dealership today.
they said if i go through with the inspection they would charge me $49 dollars to see what the exact problem was and maybe under warranty or not.
so i didnt want to go through with it.

but what i did find out was that there was a bent metal piece that was near or under the compressor which may have caused the loud buzzing noise when my ac was turned on, and if it was then it probably would not be under warranty because it was an outside force that caused that bent metal.

and i realized that the noise only happens when my ac is on, meaning that the green light is on, when i push the ac button off the noise goes away.

any suggestion on what i should do?
should i just take it to the dealership and let them fix it?
or should i pay the $49 dollars and see what exactly i need to do and go from there and maybe fix it on my own...

help please! :D
[/quote]

So what was the fix and what was the problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts