Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday, this week, I went out to check out the illustrious 3. Ive been lurking around on the mazda.ca website for a couple of weeks playing with build & price and yadda yadda.

A little background info: I currently am leasing a 2001 Ford Focus "Street Edition" wagon. The lease is up in March and now its time to get a new car. Ive decided that it was time to finally get a car that I could totally have fun with. Im very much into car stereos and car modifications, and I had did all that with my previous cars; Cavalier and the Focus. Due to having a lease, I was limited to what I could do with the Focus.

So, I finally see one in person. WOW. The pictures on the website dont really do much justice. The car is totally beautiful in pictures, but in person, its very different. Night and day!

I'm not going to go into melodramatic details, as we all know how beautiful this car is. But I'm just going to say that its superb.

So, today on Friday, I'm buying one. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey wait, did you test drive it....weren't you impressed as how the car looks more beautiful in person and drives better than you could imagine.....congrats.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
It would be more daring IMO if you got the solar yellow :) Not my color, and I think the orange actually isn't that brave of a color for someone to own. It is very elegant shade of orange ( is there really such a thing? :) ) I am now considering the orange as a third choice behind titanium and silver.

·
Registered
232 Posts
lmp180psu, have you seen a solar yellow mz3 in person? It doesn't look that good in the pictures.....only car i like in yellow is the mz6

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yea, the yellow gets a bad rap because most other yellows out there are flat colors. But the yellow on the Mazda3 is a metallic and must be seen to be appreciated.

The first metallic yellow car I saw was an S2000. From a distance the yellow just look much more brilliant than I thought it should. Up close, the car simply looked amazing. It glowed, glittered, and looked it would shed sparkly dust if wind blew on it. "J-F-C" I said.

The mazda3's yellow was similarly impressive, though a shade lighter. Not quite as religious an experience as the S2000, but impressive nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
ewww.. I actually wasn't very happy with the yellow. I almost got in it to test drive, but then my dealer brought out the winning blue. I still wanted Strato, or Lava....

Oh well...

·
Registered
232 Posts
DJ Spencer, did you see the Strato Blue in person?....cuz that's my first choice

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
All the colors seem to be brilliant and shiny.

·
Registered
137 Posts
IMO, Strato Blue comes off too purply (is that even a word?) in person.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I like the royal purply color though. :)

It's - different.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The only car that ever looked wicked Purple...

BMW E36 M3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts