Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All...

Signed up to the Mazda forums hoping to get some tips on caring for our new S Grand Touring 5-Door. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago and so far both wife and I are more than happy with everything about the car. We decided to get the 3 series to save on gas and maintanence cost. I normally driver a Lexus GS430 and the wife drove a BMW x3 and we both commute between 50 and 100 miles round trip. Except the wife only works 2-days each week so I get to drive it the remaining 3-days to work.

Way more fun to drive than the 430 and a lot better gas on top of that. I don’t think we will do any mods as we are both getting up there in our years but there is a good chance this Mazda 3 could find it way to the daughter when she get ready to drive. Although she did tell us she would rather have the red color instead of the Crystal White Pearl.

Any way here is the car we added a front end mask since this is mainly a commuter.

-----------------------------
Mazda3SGT

Attachments

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
:goodjob: welcome to the forums :wavey:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you... good to see a fellow Californian on these forums…

You have a beautiful car. I like your wheels. That gray looks great with white. Car's side profile is looking real sharp :)

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Thanks. there are quite a few cali folks on the forums.
As for tips...i have used Lexol for leather in cars for a while, and it's kept my nearly 3 year old car seats looking new.
you probably have had leather in your other cars, so you might prefer something else already...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cr***....

Ugh.... 2 months new and someone already rear-ended our SGT cry:

not a bad incident... wife was driving and she is ok. i hate when people speed in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I live in LA and the rush hour work traffic is bad enough and people still speed. you would think they know that accident happen a lot when they speed in this type of traffic... The wife said all she heard was a loud screeching noise from the rear for a few seconds then the dreaded bump + noise.

luckily just some scratches on the black plastic area on the left of the rear license plates. I checked under the car and could see that the bumper mounts/brackets that attached to the fuel tank were pushed in slightly so i straighten them out a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts