Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after a year and 2 months i am going to claybar. Now can someone tell me if the following process is right or acceptable to claybar?
1. wash (need to dry or no dry)
2. clay (i bought the clay kit from i think pinacle or mothers and the photo shows clay being really huge and i open it up and it's super small..anyways..)
3. short wash. (dry)
4. then carnabau (can't spell) wax
5.then go drive somewhere and eat.

Someone posted to own of my previous post and said the following
For a street parked car, the best thing to do is clay the car first, prep the paint with an acrylic-based cleaner/finish prep, apply several coats of an acrylic-based glaze, the follow up with 1-2 coats of a quality carnuba. Wash it yourself with proper products at least once a week, then re-apply the carnuba every single month. At 3 months start over with the acrylic products, and clay it every 6. It will look like a show car for years.

i have no idea what acrylic based cleaner/finish prep is
or acrylic based glaze

is this necessary and what is it? sorry search didn't come out to good

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Wash using the two-bucket method, and dry with clean MF towels. When using the clay, make sure to keep it VERY well lubricated with the quick detailer spray they (hopefully) included in your kit.

Post in the "ask a detailer" thread for more info from a pro about good products to use for a prep stage before putting on the carnauba wax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.