Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 23 and last night bought my first new car, a 2009 Mazda3 S Touring HB Auto. I traded in my beat-up 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo with its peeling paint and wobbly front wheels. The difference on my commute to work today was amazing - it's going to take me a while to get used to having such a nice car.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!

95 Monte Carlo, you paid your dues that's for sure. This car is night and day in build quality. And the doors are about 3 feet shorter!

You should add your location to your profile. This makes it easier to meet up with members in your area and answer questions you may have in the future as models and trim vary by market.

Again, congratulations!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=135168.msg2909026#msg2909026 date=1233681589]
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!

95 Monte Carlo, you paid your dues that's for sure. This car is night and day in build quality. And the doors are about 3 feet shorter!

You should add your location to your profile. This makes it easier to meet up with members in your area and answer questions you may have in the future as models and trim vary by market.

Again, congratulations!
[/quote]

Haha that's hilarious you mentioned how long the doors are! My fiancee complained constantly that she couldn't open the passenger door because they were so heavy - not to mention you had to leave 6 feet of clearance to open the damn thing. I will add my location - Reading/Philadelphia PA region...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=icspots link=topic=135168.msg2916726#msg2916726 date=1233907467]
Welcome and congrats. Any plans for the car (aside from driving it lots that is ;))? My two suggestions to everyone are buy a third key (check out the sticky) and replacing/augmenting the horn...
[/quote]

Thanks, no real plans yet as far as mods go - although I am interested in getting the grounding kit (saw a big thread about it). I noticed that the headlights dimmed when backing out of a parking space and turning the wheel and the grounding kit should help that (not to mention better electrical efficiency all-around). Maybe it has something to do with the extremely loud electric power steering pump in cold weather.

The horn is kind of weak - I'll search around for threads on replacing/augmenting it as you suggest. Also, I am not a huge fan of the hatch window wash sprayer... it just kind of leaks onto my window and then drips dry leaving streaks. Anyone else have this or should I just check out to see if mine got gunked up in the snowstorm we had the day after I bought the car?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Assuming it isn't just water dripping off of it and it is actually washer fluid, then it shouldn't be leaking. I can't really say whats wrong, but something is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts