Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO ONE DIED, wanted to clear that up. However, the entire front end of my car is pretty much f-ed. I was going back to work from my break when an car pulled out in front of me(T-bone). Althought the brakes are great, they weren't good enough. The car's been towed, and now I have to wait for insurance to clear everything up. I'll take pics either this afternoon or tomorrow and post. I believe I may be the first person on the board to lose their car to an accident, and hopefully the last. I wouldn't mind it being totalled, as I would rather a new one than a one month old car with an entirely rebuilt front end. But we'll wait to see.

Craig

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
OUCH! Sorry to hear about your loss. It's good everyone's ok and uninjured.

Totalling the car would work out much more favorably over repairs.

·
Registered
254 Posts
that completely sucks. I was going to pm you and ask you to post pics of your car (was looking around for a thread earlier and couldn't find one) the reason is because i'm probably getting the exact same car.. so it would be nice to drool at until i take delivery. as for jebus, regardless of who's fault it is, you can bet the insurance rates will go up unfortunately, the only way you can get out of that is if you're rear-ended. keep us posted on what happens.

sorry again,
Dirk

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's their fault. So thats good, supposed to be completely covered by him. He had a stop sign. I have an unsettling feeling the insurance company is going to try their hardest not to total a 20k+ car if they can fix it. However, I hit him off center so I may have twisted the frame, and the engine compartment is tore up so I don't even know what it looks like in there. All I can see is the air box in the back of the engine and the radiator fluid all over the ground. Hood is twisted close for now. We'll have to wait and see.

Craig

·
Registered
254 Posts
how did the car re-act? airbags deployed? it sounds like you got out of it fairly unscathed physically.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TellyDSP said:
It's their fault. So thats good, supposed to be completely covered by him. He had a stop sign. I have an unsettling feeling the insurance company is going to try their hardest not to total a 20k+ car if they can fix it. However, I hit him off center so I may have twisted the frame, and the engine compartment is tore up so I don't even know what it looks like in there. All I can see is the air box in the back of the engine and the radiator fluid all over the ground. Hood is twisted close for now. We'll have to wait and see.

Craig
BTW, here's the pics of what it used to look like.Click the link and scroll down some...http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=963

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car did fine. My airbag went off, no passenger. I was traveling about 35 MPH. Overall, the impact while shocking, was absorbed well by the car. Brakes responded well, just not enough time. After the accident, I was able to drive it off to the side, per the tow guy's request. I'm going to have to wait and see what the damage amount to. Hopefully damn close to 20k so I can just get a new one.

Craig

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
im so sorry to hear that craig :(. at least your okay, as long as one of our fam isnt hurt its okay, though it sucks to have lost your baby so soon :(. I hope you get through this as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
882 Posts
That really sucks man, I'm glad your fine too. Here's to good luck with insurance!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I want to cry....

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
awesome to hear that you're okay. No whiplash?

also great to hear that the car held up, TellyDSP.

·
Registered
581 Posts
That sucks!
Glad to hear that everybody is alright, though.
I hope the insurance companies can square everything away. ~Good luck

·
Registered
310 Posts
I hate stupid drivers. If I ever get a new Mazda3, and some one nearly totals it, they guy better run, because I don't know if I'll be able to control myself! And better yet, your car is like my dream, too (none of this 5-door nonsense).

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
It will be a total if the damage exceeds 60%.

And whatever you do, don't tell your OWN insurance company..or they will record it as a not a fault accident and raise your insurance like CRAZY! Happened to me even tho I got rear ended.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Fobby_Monkey said:
It will be a total if the damage exceeds 60%.

And whatever you do, don't tell your OWN insurance company..or they will record it as a not a fault accident and raise your insurance like CRAZY! Happened to me even tho I got rear ended.
this is VERY true!!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Umm... What do they record it as if someone else tells the insurance??

Stupidity?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts